October 2013 Weddings

Photo sharing website?

Are you guys using one? I've been googling and googling over which to go with.... But it's hard to play up pros and cons. My biggest concern is being able to download full size resolution images not impressed files.
image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo sharing website?

• Are you guys using one? I've been googling and googling over which to go with.... But it's hard to play up pros and cons. My biggest concern is being able to download full size resolution images not impressed files.
    Do you mean compressed files? And are you thinking a site like, photobucket where your guests can upload their pictures? Most guests won't have super-fancy cameras, so downloading full size pictures won't take long. The concern, though, is whether or not your guests know how to a) upload pictures to said website and b) know how to do it so the files don't compress.
  • Rofl yea compressed ::stupid iPad auto correct lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And yes; Somewhere people can upload, but also you can download them later. A lot of my guests are pretty handy with digital cameras and probably near a dozen went to school for or have photography businesses so there files would be moderately sized. Some sites I've looked at only allow you to download like 8x10 images at the largest for printing. But we have amassive quantity of picture frames and some we want to display go up to 3ft x 2ft so there's no way we could stretch a low resolution file to large prints.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found this on pinterest this morning this girl made these little cards telling her guests about downlaoding pics. What I thought was really smart is she put the cards in people's thank you cards.But you could also put theses at each persons place setting. She has her template she used that you can download.    http://adorkableduo.com/wedding/diy-photoshare-cards/ 
    I want to do this instead of those disposal cameras, but have not decided on the website either.
    So I can kiss you anytime I want.
  • A friend got married last December and used Shutterfly. She created a shared site (I think that is what it is called on Shutterfly) and allowed anyone to upload photos to it. She was then able to automatically save all of those photos to her own Shutterfly account.

As for whether or not the files are 3'  x 2' printable is another issue. It got her all the photos her guests took (that were added to the site). If you are looking for rather large files, you might need to ask each friend individually to burn you a CD of all of their images.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I concur with Sew. Honestly, though, would you really want a picture that your friend took blown up to 3' x 2'? Chances are your pro-tographer will take the pics you really want to print. Unless, of course, you don't have a pro-tographer. (Yep, just made that word up.) 

If your guests are amatuer-pro's with "real" cameras (not P&S's), I'd suggest giving them a CD (or a flash drive) to get their full size pictures.
  • @bowlingball10 that's exactly like what I want to do! Originally I wanted to use poloriods for the photos but a 10 pk of film is costing 10-15 dollars.... So then we tried the disposable route....& decent ones are 7$ each and local printing is up to $12 each :( Knowing from my past experience the wedding day will fly by; and as much as I want to hang out with each person as much as I can there is a whole room of details going on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lplions said:
    I concur with Sew. Honestly, though, would you really want a picture that your friend took blown up to 3' x 2'? Chances are your pro-tographer will take the pics you really want to print. Unless, of course, you don't have a pro-tographer. (Yep, just made that word up.) 

If your guests are amatuer-pro's with "real" cameras (not P&S's), I'd suggest giving them a CD (or a flash drive) to get their full size pictures.
    Anything above 8 x 10 creeps me out, and that's pushing it.  Normally 5 x 7 does the job just fine. Life size heads are never a good thing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @jenphotochick Yeah I have seen so many things about the polaroids guest books and stuff, but I'm like  Do you really know how much that's going to cost? Lol. And my sister and my mom said we should get disposable cameras, but it's like why when so many people have smart phones and cameras. I do agree with sewinlovewithdmb  about the sizes of pictures. The really important pics that you would blow up would be by a "pro-tographer". Which I'm stealing cause that's awesome.  
    So I can kiss you anytime I want.
  • We are using Appy Couple - which has a photo sharing feature built in. The app also has info you can add - like event locations, wedding party details and hotel info - which is good since we have pretty packed weekend for the out of town guests. We are also going to ask that people refrain from posting pictures until the next day - we've seen too many bad "first look" posts on facebook by well-intentioned wedding guests.
  • http://trycapsule.com/weddings/how#introducing-capsule  I'm looking into this site.  Not only can photos be uploaded from cell phones but if they use their own digital camera they can upload as well.  You can order prints as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Oh ya I hear that but no really half my friends are pro photographers but we didn't want to hire a friend for business. So there's a good chance they may have something I may want a little bigger. I spend a lot of time in art galleries so bigger is super fun to work with :) that's just my personal taste

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards