Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

need help what to say at ceremony =(

so me and my husband got married at the court house a year from July 2nd and we wanted to do a party kind of thing with family and we are having my sister be the officiate and I need help to figure out what she should say... any ideas?

Re: need help what to say at ceremony =(

• Well, since you are already married, you don't really need an officiant. 

I recommend that you just have a big giant party to celebrate your first anniversary - food, drink, dancing, etc. Your sister could give a big toast/speech. Re-do ceremonies aren't really proper etiquette. 

Or I suppose you could do a very quick vow renewal - but a renewal seems kind of silly since it's only been a year since your wedding. 
  • Yeah, have a big party and instead of a fake ceremony, just do toasts to one another and say what you want then.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • Ditto what the other girls said. Why not ask your sister to say something about how you've been married for a year and are ready for many more?
  • The exception to the "no ceremony" thing is if you are part of a religion (e.g. Catholic) that has a separate ceremony (e.g. convalidation) to recognize a civil marriage within the church or whatever. If that's the kind of thing you're doing (although obvs. not Catholic, I'm guessing, because the officiant is your sister, but you get my drift) then you can have a reception after that ceremony. In that case, the ceremony would consist of whatever is traditional in your religion.

For example, if you keep the Old Gods, your sister would say
    “In the sight of the Seven, I hereby see you these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words.”
    And then you would say
    Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger. I am his/hers, and s/he is mine, from this day, till the end of my days.
  • teesha19 said:
    so me and my husband got married at the court house a year from July 2nd and we wanted to do a party kind of thing with family and we are having my sister be the officiate and I need help to figure out what she should say... any ideas?

You don't need a re-do ceremony, you are already married.  Have a fabulous party to celebrate your one year anniversary and maybe have your sister do a toast or blessing, but don't have a fake re-do ceremony.
  • Ditto PPs. Throw an awesome bbq with great booze and celebrate your marriage but no ceremony, dances, cake cutting or registries. 
  • @cmgilpin I love your sig pic.

Anniversary

• @cmgilpin I love your sig pic.

thank you !!   I'm really having fun with my sig pics now that I finally know how to change them!  :)
  • fyrefly76 said:
    For example, if you keep the Old Gods, your sister would say
    “In the sight of the Seven, I hereby see you these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words.”
    And then you would say
    Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger. I am his/hers, and s/he is mine, from this day, till the end of my days.
    Um, pretty sure those are the new gods.  Aren't the old gods the ones that live in the white trees?
    You're probably right. I didn't read the books because I'm not a wizard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards