Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cakes or Cupcakes - and who to use???

Finally down to a new minor details. :)

We are having our ceremony at Planet Hollywood, with dinner/reception afterwards at either Hussongs Cantina  at Mandalay Bay or Striphouse at Planet Hollywood.

Now we need to decide on cake or cupcakes, etc.

Who are you using? We are having a small ceremony of about 25...which is great for me. I'm not a big fan of being the center of attention.

Re: Cakes or Cupcakes - and who to use???

• Options
    we used Retro Bakery and they were DEEEEElicious. We did a small topper cake and mini cupcakes in 4 flavours. lemonade, maple bacon, peanutbutter cup and pumpkin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a review on here for Sin City Cupcakes, they sound awesome!  Alcohol infused!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    ktbabe530 said:
    There is a review on here for Sin City Cupcakes, they sound awesome!  Alcohol infused!  
    That was me!!! LOL We had our wedding dinner reception at Hussong's (Was amazing, loved it, guests loved it and the mariachi's were fantastic! posted my reviews almost 2 weeks ago) and we had Sin City Cupcakes set up for us (also posted pics and reviews) The set up was so pretty just what I wanted (black and blingy) but the cupcakes were out of this world AMAZING! You could taste the alcohol, they were super moist and LOVED by all! You won't be disappointed :)
  • Options
    My Maid of Honor used Freed's Bakery when she got married.  She said the cake was delicious, they were great to work with and they were able to do a cake testing just a few days prior to their wedding.
  • Options
    we used Retro Bakery and they were DEEEEElicious. We did a small topper cake and mini cupcakes in 4 flavours. lemonade, maple bacon, peanutbutter cup and pumpkin.
    Do you mind sharing the cost for this? We are considering the same exact thing. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wicked93 said:

Finally down to a new minor details. :)

We are having our ceremony at Planet Hollywood

When are you getting hitched? I'm a PH bride too.. .April 13 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm going with Gimme some sugar. Their cakes look amazing and I am pleased with their prices. Check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We are getting married on 11/12/2013.

We've got just about everything planned. Since we are doing a small wedding (family and close friends) it's soooo much easier to plan!! All we really have to do is agree on a dinner location after the ceremony and cake design. We are looking at Retro Bakery - I'm thinking of ordering about 5 dozen mini cupcakes and a cutting cake. I am going to get little boxes for the mini cupcakes so the guests can take some back to their hotels and have a late snack (or breakfast ;) ) .

We went with a packaged deal they had for 11/12/13 - this is a second wedding for both, and we don't need any fancy fanfare - just a quick ceremony and nice dinner with friends and family.

• Options
    Awesome, Wicked! I look forward to hearing more about it and your reviews!

I originally wanted to go with an outdoor ceremony, Juno/Venus Gardens at Caesars and VOF fit the budget but their outside vendor policies were a turn off - we would have spent so much money on photography just to keep the negatives. Bellagio Terraza was out because of budget and also the number of people, we are looking at 50. Then I started worrying about the heat... I had my mind set on Mon Ami Gabi for the dinner, I love that place and the prices are right. PH is right next door and has the nicest indoor chapel in my opinion. Plus the suites they offer are a great value... so there it will be! (In case you wanted to know LOL) How has your experience been with the planners at PH?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The experience has been great so far. WE had a little issue and thought we were going to have to move the ceremony (it has worked out, so no need to change) and they were 100% willing to work with me.

Dinner we are still working on. I wanted to do Striphouse, but getting anything back from them has been impossible. Hussongs at Mandalay Bay had really good prices and seem really eager to work with me. That alone gets my vote. We are doing dinner, and cake/cupcakes and leaving the alcohol to guests.

• Options
    I
    sunni96 said:
    I think I'm going with Gimme some sugar. Their cakes look amazing and I am pleased with their prices. Check them out.
    I used Gimme Some Sugar and I was really really happy with my choice. :)  Price was similar to others and I loved the designs and customer service.  I did a small cutting cake and cupcakes. :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards