New Jersey

AW vs. Santos - Flowers

Hi Girls - I read through a ton of reviews on florist and I've finally narrowed down my list. I met with AW and Santos and liked them both. I put down a deposit (refundable) on AW but then read some reviews saying that they went for their mock-up and loved the flowers but they weren't the same ones on their wedding day. I'm sure this could happen anywhere but it's been bothering me ever since I read about it. I still have the option to go with either one so please let me know your thoughts (especially if you have already used one of them). Thanks!

Re: AW vs. Santos - Flowers

• I met with both and booked with Santos. They were recommended by my aunt who has seen their work while at her sons tasting. She said the arrangements coming in were more beautiful then the next. If her florist bill wasn't already paid she would have used them. I haven't had my mock up yet. But my mom and I felt super comfortable with Manny. I read the same reviews about AW and couldn't get it out of my head. Something about booking with them just didn't sit right with me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I met with both places and went with Santos. I was thrilled with my flowers the day of the wedding. They were even better than my mock-up! I highly recommend Santos!
  • my sister used Santos and loved them!
  • I read many reviews on AW and Santos. I never visited Santos, but I did book with AW. I've heard nothing but great reviews. Someone I work with used AW and they were beyond thrilled with the results. One of the girls on here is using AW for her wedding this month, she said she'd post pictures soon!
  • Thank you for all the responses! I decided to get my deposit back from AW today and Adam wasn't very happy to say the least. It took him 2 weeks to call me back just to try to schedule a mock-up (and this was only after I called back and said I'd rather just release my date). Needless to say I am thrilled with my choice after the attitude I just received - now I will be going with Santos!
  • @Kgrazu01 That's exciting!

When/Where is your wedding?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • One year from today! June 20, 2014 at Park Savoy! What about you??
  • How exciting!!!  May 17, 2014 at the Tides Estate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How exciting!!!  May 17, 2014 at the Tides Estate.
    My fiance and I are considering the Tides.  Any idea how the grand ballroom is supposed to look like after the renovations?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheilax3 This the the picture on their website...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kgrazu01-I'm going for my mock up July 5th.  I'll send you pictures if you'd like :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kgrazu01-I'm going for my mock up July 5th.  I'll send you pictures if you'd like :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2013
    I know I'm a little late but I just realized that my friend that had gotten married a year ago had told me she got her flowers from Santos. I had asked because everyone (including myself) was raaaaving about how gorgeous they were. She was so happy with them that she recommended them to me also. They took care of everything...set up her ceremony and moved the flowers to the reception to be reused. Also, in case of any emergency (which I'm sure you will be fine) they will be there for sure. My friend's wedding was during hurricane Sandy. She was freaking out to say the least...Santos called them to reassure that all their vans were filled with gas and ready for their event (this was when things were really crazy with electricity out and gas shortages). They were awesome and I can't wait to book my appointment with them. Does everyone know whether their prices are true to market value compared to other florists? She paid $3300 which was a bit more than what I would spend but they were pretty massive.
  • That's awesome to hear!  I'm paying around $3,300 also.  I don't have this list with me of what I'm getting but other florists I looked at were 2k more (and up) for the same thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm sure you'll get alot and they will look beautiful. Seriously I didn't realize how important flowers were till that wedding. We were all fighting over who would take them home, lol. Oh ok great, I guess they are probably about the same. Like I said, they were really big. I wouldn't mind mine being a bit smaller. The venue is letting me use their candleabras...not sure if that helps a bit with price. Any who, congrats and good luck!
  • @FutureMrsN3312that would be perfect!!
  • kap05kap05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    That's awesome to hear!  I'm paying around $3,300 also.  I don't have this list with me of what I'm getting but other florists I looked at were 2k more (and up) for the same thing.
    How many tables did you need centerpieces for? Did you alternate between high and low? Also, how much is your bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets? Sorry for all the questions! I'm just trying to figure out what the average price for flowers is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I am using AW and so thrilled with everything.  I LOVE flowers and did not want baby's breath or any "filler" flowers.  Adam's price was beyond fair and I was blown away at the mock ups the other night. I have a gorgeous bouquet, 6BM bouquets (they have about 21/2 dozen calla lillies and roses) 15 high centerpieces, arrangements for the church and more for an amazing price. 
    I did check out Santos, but the service does not compare.  
  • My prices are as follows:
    My bouquet-135.00
    Bridesmaids-580.00 (for 6 bridesmaids and jr bridesmaid)
    Groom & Groomsmen Boutonnieres-77.00 (8 guys total)
    Flower Girls flowers-70.00 (2 pomander balls)
    Additional Boutonnieres & Corsages-85.00 (4 parents and 2 grand parents)
    Reception Decorations & Centerpieces-1900.00 (20 tables)
    Bows for the church (no flowers...20 pews) 120.00
    Delivery: (stops at the hotel in Fairfield, church in Summit, and venue in North Haledon) 316.00

I'm doing all low centerpieces.  Something similar to what's pictured below.

My bouquet I actually found on the Santos website.

The girls will be carrying 15-20 pink calla lilies.

And my flower girls will be carrying the pomander balls.

I'm going for my mock up at 6 tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My prices are as follows:
    My bouquet-135.00
    Bridesmaids-580.00 (for 6 bridesmaids and jr bridesmaid)
    Groom & Groomsmen Boutonnieres-77.00 (8 guys total)
    Flower Girls flowers-70.00 (2 pomander balls)
    Additional Boutonnieres & Corsages-85.00 (4 parents and 2 grand parents)
    Reception Decorations & Centerpieces-1900.00 (20 tables)
    Bows for the church (no flowers...20 pews) 120.00
    Delivery: (stops at the hotel in Fairfield, church in Summit, and venue in North Haledon) 316.00

I'm doing all low centerpieces.  Something similar to what's pictured below.

My bouquet I actually found on the Santos website.

The girls will be carrying 15-20 pink calla lilies.

And my flower girls will be carrying the pomander balls.

I'm going for my mock up at 6 tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kap05kap05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kgrazu01

This was my mockup centerpiece.  I LOVE it!!!  I told Manny I wasn't worried about keeping the round shape in the sample picture and I also preferred the tea light candles.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kgrazu01

This was my mockup centerpiece.  I LOVE it!!!  I told Manny I wasn't worried about keeping the round shape in the sample picture and I also preferred the tea light candles.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FutureMrsN3312 That's beautiful!!!! I love it!
  • We met with the tides last month. Aside from the one mock up, the only thing they could show us were blue prints. Didn't like that we felt we were being "sold" per say. Gorgeous but no warm and fuzzy feeling there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards