Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

braided hair help

I know exactly what I want to do with my hair (doing it myself) and I know taht it will look gorgeous. My plan is to french braid my bangs from right to left across my forehead and down behind my left ear. Then I french braid the hair on the right side of my head across the back to the left side, also behind my ear. I then take both braids and all the rest of my hair and combine them into one big braid hanging over my left shoulder. But I have very silky hair, and a ton of it. And of course layers. Whenever I've tried this style before its only been for a few hours, and I really need advice on how to make it stay beautiful all day long!

Re: braided hair help

• I had braids in my hair for my wedding, on top of curls, on top of braids.  The secret to getting it to stay is lots and lots and lots and lots of product and hairspray.  I had to soak my hair for an hour after the wedding just to get the pins out, but the hell if it moved an inch then entire night.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• SVikeSVike member
    First Comment
    All right then I guess hairspray it is! Maybe literally soaking my hair in it first would work.
  • Also try finding a heavy holding gel. I find that gels can give my hair a better hold (my hair goes limp & lifeless fast) and add a little volume to my hair so it holds a style longer. That along with an amazing hairspray & you should be good. I would splurge for a higher end products for this, I found they do have a tendency to hold better and this is the day it matters. Also keep an emergency travel size hairspray & bobby pins in a bag for emergency touch ups during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards