October 2014 Weddings

I thought having this much time would make it easier!

Hello ladies! I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way, but I thought I'd put it out there!  Does anyone else find themselves second guessing their decisions?  For example, I chose my reception venue and I loved it when I booked it.  It has the perfect space for our number of guests, it's non-traditional (a barn), and it's very casual. Now that a few of my friends are engaged and discussing their choices, I find myself second guessing! "Do I actually love this venue?! Is it worth the price?! Should I have looked at more venues?!" I don't think I'm comparing my wedding to theirs, I'm just not sure if I jumped too early with my decisions.  I'm just having a difficult time imagining how it will all come together.  Am I just crazy?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa

Re: I thought having this much time would make it easier!

• The thing about comparison and second guessing is that who has the better wedding or the more expensive ring etc will not make a better marriage. This is just going to be a day that at the end of it, you will be married to the person you intend to spend the rest of your days with. If you find yourself second guessing make a list of what YOU love about your plans. :D 
    Anniversary
  • I agree with smallfrie! And use this time to browse, browse, browse as much as you can before you commit to/buy something. FH and I have put the deposit down on our ceremony & reception venue and I have zero regret about it because I know from looking at as many sites as possible (online) over the course of several months before we made the deposit that it was absolutely the best place for our wedding. 
  • I feel like its a never ending browsing session. When will I get to start buying!

• Thanks for the advice guys! I visited all of my venues, watched the videos, and visited the websites of all my vendors and I'm no longer second guessing.  I made these decisions based on a lot of research and what we loved/ what was best for our guests.  I think I was just getting overwhelmed in the details.  I want everything done, and NOW!  :-p  I guess I need to pace myself.  Hopefully, we'll have a few more tasks to check off this wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • What about a wedding planner? I hear some aren't too pricey.
  • I think you have to remember that no two weddings are going to be the same. So if you like it and love it, and you're marrying that special person, well then that's all you need!!!!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @leelabear in my area you can get decent ones for $500. That's what I did :)

I'm not worrying about anything on my wedding day! hopefully...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards