Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

CRAZY CAKE

My mom has her friend making an extreme large in which she wants to separate for an after party  to celebratethat she finally got rid of me.  His mother is in on it too. At any rate, the base of the cake is 20 inches, is there a traveling cake storage available for a 20 inch base, and then for a 16 inch....it is a 5 tiered cake.

Thanks in advance.

Re: CRAZY CAKE

• Options

smerceon said:
    My mom has her friend making an extreme large in which she wants to separate for an after party  to celebratethat she finally got rid of me.  His mother is in on it too. At any rate, the base of the cake is 20 inches, is there a traveling cake storage available for a 20 inch base, and then for a 16 inch....it is a 5 tiered cake.

Thanks in advance.
    Your first sentence doesn't make sense. 

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    It should be up to your mom's friend to transport the cake.
  • Options

They do make cake boxes, some of which are available for purchase at Michaels or AC Moore.  You would have to check the store for the actual sizes.  Or you can try shopping online at Wiltons.com, they are all things cakes.  But nothing will be big enough, height wise to carry a 5 tier cake.  All of this should be the bakers problem though.  I also don't see why the cakes for the after party cannot be taken there (location of after party) as separate cakes from the main wedding cake, prior to the wedding even starting.

All of this sounds very odd.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Is the question: "How do I transport a huge-ass cake with a 20 inch base and 5 tiers?"  Or "Must I transport this huge-ass cake with a 20 inch base and 5 tiers?"

I have no idea how.  But you certainly don't have to.
  • Options
    Well good question, it is a destination wedding. The baker is transporting the cake on her own.  However, it is tradition to split the tiers and divide among family for an after party at their own homes. what wasn't expected was an 18 inch base cake and 5 tiered (also the reason for needing a 20 inch box.  Just wondering how to help the mom that gets to have that lovely gift. I plan to take the very top 8 inch cake to my honey moon...it's a long flight and I can't stand when brides and grooms don't have a piece of their own wedding cake.  
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Ohhhhh. okay I see what you're saying (I think). 

You're having a small DW with a huge cake. You and H will leave with the top tier and then the families are divvying up the rest to bring back home for after parties with people who couldn't attend the DW?

If that's the case I think your easiest solution is just asking your mom's friend to make a smaller cake. Or make a small cake for the DW and make additional cake for the after party.  

If for some reason shrinking the cake is not an option, the family members don't have to take the entire tier; they could take a tier that they've cut in half, etc. I'd let them try to figure this out on their own though; it doesn't really sound like your problem to deal with.
  • Options
    Thank you,

Yes, that is exactly it! The after party is for those who cannot travel. 

Thank you, you have been a friendly adviser. 
  • Options
    Sounds great!!! All the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards