Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Intro

Hi fellow DW brides!

I just transitioned from planning a wedding at home - venue booked and all - to deciding a DW is what we are going to do.  I've lurked on this board for months and have posted a few times before when having doubts, but this time it's the real thing and I'm super excited about it!

I spoke with a Travel Agent today, but wasn't overly impressed with them and I know I had seen awhile ago that a few brides were using the same travel agent company on here and now I can't remember the name of the company.  If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

We are looking into Aruba, Dominican and possibly St. Lucia.  For those of you that were DR brides - did anyone use DREAMS?  Trying to decide whether the Punta Cana resorts are nicer or the La Romana resorts are the better option, so any feedback would be great.

I also tried to look up the DW FB page and could not find the email address listed.  If someone could help me figure out how to get added, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and seeing your dreams turn into reality!

Have a great afternoon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro

• Options
    First off welcome!!

You have to be added by friending myself or julyet. My email is megch2013@hotmail.com if you would like to tey and add me that way.

I know brides in the past have used Beach bum vacations and I have heard good things! I used my own TA so I'm sorry I have no input.

I got married at the Dominican but not at a dreams although I have heard great things and we absolutly loved Punta Cana!! I will post on our Facebook page to see if anyone can chime in and help you!

Def stick around and share all the juicy details! Any idea on date range yet? !
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome! I can't help with any of the locations you're considering but just wanted to say that you won't regret doing a DW :-D Best idea my H has ever had!

Keep us posted on your plans! Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck! Definitely keep posting all your details. Now that I'm done (mostly) I find I have way more time to peruse posts and be helpful :)
  • Options
    Welcome and Congratulations!!! DWs are the BEST (just sayin').  To join the fb group as Meg said you have to friend either one of us.  My email address is castlechic@aol.com.  My privacy setting will allow you to send a message to my "Other" box.  I check it once in a while so send a message and I can friend you!  Or go through Meg's page...either one! :-D

I am no help with DR since I was a Jamaica bride...good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards