July 2013 Weddings
Options

So frustrating!

My mom has very definite opinions about how wedding invitations should look. They have to be plain ivory with no designs or borders. I didn't really care what they looked like, so I figured I would let her get her way with this one. She asked if she could have the RSVP's sent to her house, since she's the one paying for the reception and has to give them a final head count. I said sure, just let me know who RSVP's and when. 

Big mistake. 

She has thus far only let me know about 22 guests. But she CC'd me on an email to the florist, saying that there are 70. She hasn't told me who. So we have no idea, of the people who we sent invites to, who hasn't RSVP'd, who has, for how many,etc. We also have no idea how many people she invited. And I'm planning other things that I need to know numbers and head counts for as well, too!

I called her tonight, and asked her to tell me who has RSVP'd. This completely overwhelmed her. My FMIL, in an attempt to help FI and I out, emailed,and asked for the same information. My mother refused to give it to her, too, saying she was "doing this the old fashioned way." ... WHAT THE FLIP DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?!?!

So I finally just wrote her an email tonight in response to the one she sent the florist, and said "I'm confused. According to what you've told me, there are only 22 people coming to the wedding. I need to know who's coming and who hasn't RSVP'd so we can ask them closer to the deadline. FI and I will be coming to the house tomorrow to sort through the RSVP's, compile a list, and we will leave you with a copy, so that you can add to it and more RSVP's  continue to come in."

So FI and I are going over there tomorrow night, (after our meeting with the Pastor. HA! I hope that doesn't turn out to be ironic....)  Hopefully we will get things straightened out. FI is a lot more diplomatic than I am. 

Re: So frustrating!

• Options
    I hope it goes well when you go over there.  Try to stay calm :)  She should be informing you of the guest list.  Especially when it gets closer so you know who still hasn't responded. 
  • Options
    I can't even imagine. I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 columns to keep my rsvps straight! Good lucks and remember to breathe. She gets a lot of leeway since she is paying for it IMHO :-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    She did finally give us a list of all of the people. We combed through it and figured out who has and hasn't RSVP'd. It turned out that between what she knew and what I knew, there are actually 95 people coming so far, so it's a good thing we talked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards