July 2013 Weddings

wedding band - yuck!

Hi I'm PK, mostly lurker around here. 12 days to go :-)
So....Went to pick up my wedding band yesterday and I HATED it! It looked like a man's band, it was too tight, much wider than I expected and super thick. They didn't have what I wanted in stock and after they explained what they were ordering I imagined it looking MUCH different. They are getting me a new one and said it would be all ready in time. 
But I actually said I hated it would not wear it every day for the rest of my life. It was my real bridezilla moment. Luckily it's my family jeweler so he was more than happy to make it right as it's not the first thing I've bought there and I have a large family ;-)
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Re: wedding band - yuck!

• drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I'm sorry! It sucks having unexpected things go wrong this late in the game - it feels like there isn't any more time to make last minute adjustments - totally get it.

If it makes you feel better, I had my first BZ moment yesterday, too, actually. I went for my dress fitting, drove 20 miles in rush hour traffic, had my mom do the same, only to be met with blank stares from little sales girls who were confused as to why I was there. Turns out my dress was at another boutique of theirs and no one thought to tell me. When she called the other store to let them know I was going to drive another hour in rush hour traffic to get there, she said "the girl made a mistake" and I almost lost it. "The girl" (who is a grown woman standing right in front of you) did not make a "mistake." Ugh! Anyways, I stormed out and flipped out to my mom, right in their earshot, and I'm pretty sure I can't go back there ever again :)

Your ring will turn out wonderfully and it happens to the best of us!

• Oh no! I had a major freak out moment this week too - it must be the stress.

Mine wasn't about rings though. I am refinancing my house so that we can rent it out (I'm moving into his house), and the day before I was supposed to close, the loan officer came back with closing costs that were almost double what I had been expecting. Normally, it wouldn't have been as much of a problem, but I just bought our wedding bands and paid off our honeymoon. I didn't have that much extra set aside. After sending a couple of my not nicest emails, I talked to my fiance, we juggled some things around and made it work. But I was not happy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad they ordered another one and it will be ready on time. I had my first bridezilla freak out last weekend. Went to get my make up trial done for my bridal shower and I hated it. I was so disappointed. I have vitiligo and normally don't have trouble covering my spots but this woman had a difficult time and it looked awful. I came home and cried and cried and screamed because I was so disappointed and frustrated. But then I put my big girl panties on and fixed it myself. And went to my bridal shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards