Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is a mantilla-style veil appropriate for non-religious weddings?

I like the look of lace-edged veils that I've heard called "mantilla-style." However, I also see on Wikipedia that mantillas are strongly associated with Roman Catholic practices. Is it appropriate to wear a mantilla-style lace-edged veil for a non-religious wedding ceremony?

(I'm not talking about the full, all-lace Spanish mantillas with the high comb, just the lace-edged wedding veil variation.)
"I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"

Re: Is a mantilla-style veil appropriate for non-religious weddings?

• Options

not sure about the religious aspect, I would just make the sure the veil matches the level of formality of the event. I always associate mantillas with formal occasions...but I could be wrong..just my initial impression

• Options
    Mantillas are not solely religious, but rather reflect formality of the event.  In fact, ladies in Spain still wear short ones to bull fights.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Is it also still appropriate for people who are not Spanish or Latin-American in any way?
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • Options
    I am having an non-religious ceremony, am not of Hispanic origin, and am using a Mantilla style veil for my wedding.  It's about what looks good with your dress and what you love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards