Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wording Help!

My fiance we're planning on getting married next year, but now an all of a sudden relocation has happened and we want to have our wedding here with all our family and friends.  How do we combine the fact that we are moving and getting married in our invitation?  We want people to know the reason we are getting married so suddenly is due to our move.  Help!!

Re: Wording Help!

• Options
    My fiance we're planning on getting married next year, but now an all of a sudden relocation has happened and we want to have our wedding here with all our family and friends.  How do we combine the fact that we are moving and getting married in our invitation?  We want people to know the reason we are getting married so suddenly is due to our move.  Help!!
    I wouldn't say anything in the invite itself. Invites are not the place for explanations. I'd personally just rely on word-of-mouth to get the reason out. Wedding dates change more often than you'd think. 

Did you send out save the dates? When's the rescheduled wedding?
  • Options
    I agree, just keep the invitation wedding-related. If you have a wedding website you could make a page there with info about your future plans, but even that isn't strictly necessary. Get your families to spread the word.
  • Options
    Don't discuss the relocation in your invitation wording.  You can include an "at home" card that says something like

Ms. Bride and Mr. Groom or Mr. and Mrs. Groom
    After wedding date
    New address
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards