When did you get engaged?

Do you visit other boards?

How did you pick October?

Did you pre-plan?

Re: So you say you're new....

• How long have you lurked?  A couple of weeks before I started posting

When did you get engaged?  7/2012

Do you visit other boards?  Yes, mostly the plus size

How did you pick October?  Picked October because softball is mostly done by then.  First weekend in October is the last "big bash" with a 44 hour tournament.  The 26th gave me a couple of weeks to finish up last minute details.

Did you pre-plan?  Nope!  Didn't want to scare FI.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I'm not new, but I want to do this anyway!!!

How long have you lurked?

For a very long time. FI and I have been together for about 8 years, and I lurked years ago.

August 25, 2012

Nope.

The church was open most days but does not have air conditioning. The reception hall we liked best was open on October 12th. The other date for both was July 6, 2013. It just worked!

Did you pre-plan?

Not really. I did research venues and dresses for an idea of what things would cost and tried to save as much as possible after acquiring that knowledge. There were some vendors we knew we wanted, so that in a way is pre-planning, but also just the product of going to many weddings over the years and having many people close to us get married before us. But, nothing was booked or finalized in anyway until we were engaged for about a month or two. (And no, it's not even like I made a pinterest wedding board before we were engaged. I started that after!)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm in the same boat as @Sew. Not new, but I want to play too! :)

I didn't even know the forums existed, but, I joined TK before we were engaged. Discovered this lovely place a few weeks after we got engaged.

Oct 15, 2012

Yea. Christian Weddings, DIY, and I mostly lurk on CC & E.

I wanted to get married in September, but his oldest little sister will be right in the middle of marching band competition. But we didn't want to be too close to Thanksgiving since my entire family will be traveling.

Did you pre-plan?

I had a million ideas, but nothing set. FH knew I had ideas on what I wanted & he also knew I had a "Wedding Inspirations" board on pinterest (sans burlap and lace and "rustic chic" for me, though). 

• How long have you lurked?  I didn't lurk just found all this fun today! :)

When did you get engaged? March 10, 2012

Do you visit other boards? not yet but I might!

How did you pick October? Because softball is pretty much done for the year and my FI didn't want to be melting in his suit. Plus he loves the fall and I didn't really care as long as it wasn't in ball season :)

Did you pre-plan? nope but once we got engaged it was planning mania! I had a lot of my stuff booked withing a month of us getting engaged LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Been on since August 2011 and lurked certain boards for a few months before posting.

Engaged on August 1, 2011

October was easy! I wanted a fall wedding and in WI where I live typically the first week is always warm (60-70s).

Pre-plan- no. I knew FI had the ring for 6 months, he told me when he bought it. We also talked about a long engagement so I knew I had time to plan.

• I thought the "other boards" question was misleading. I thought you meant other sites. Yes, I post on my local board and others when the mood hits.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I am not new but I will play:

How long have you lurked? Since December 2011

When did you get engaged? December 22, 2011

Do you visit other boards? I used to, not much anymore since the new layout

How did you pick October? We both wanted a fall wedding and we did some weather research and October 5th is typically a nice day in our area.

Did you pre-plan? No. He had the ring since October but did not propose till December. I started planning right away though (the big things) cause things book fast around here.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have only known about the boards for a few weeks, so my lurking time has been limited.

Engaged 04/28/13

Fall has always been my Favorite season & October weather is perfect for an outdoor wedding in KY.

I didn't pre-plan, but my Fi did! He had checked with the event planner at our venue for openings the first weekend in October (which he had told me to set aside for a family vacay in the mountains). When he finally got around to asking, he had already scoped out the best bakeries, photographers, and florists in our area.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've lurked for monthssssss.

Engaged 5/9/13

I post on my local board.

Needed to do fall because of the break between my FI passing his candidacy exam and starting his hard core thesis work.

• edited June 2013

How long have you lurked? Eh a few weeks before I really got into it!

When did you get engaged? 6/29/12... 1 year on Saturday!! 

Do you visit other boards? Nope!

How did you pick October? Everyone in my family is October! My parents are Oct 4, my sister is Oct 18, and we will be Oct 12! And all other family is scattered in there too :)

Did you pre-plan? I started a pinterest board but I never actually did anything!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How long have you lurked? Ummmm...I technically joined in 2007 when I was planning my sister's bachelorette/bridal shower/etc.  However, I didn't really lurk when I started visiting again in November.

When did you get engaged? 11/12/12

Do you visit other boards? Yup! Pretty much all of them - I find them so entertaining - and occasionally if I feel like I have something "valuable" to offer - I'll post.

How did you pick October? Mom and Dad weren't keen on me going to Vegas the day after getting engaged...FI and I don't like unbearable heat unless we are in a pool or ocean - we want to get married on the beach (weather permitting) and I love the fall...

Did you pre-plan? Nope...and I wish I did. I felt I had no direction when I started and now I just don't have the motivation or desire to plan out the little details.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How long have you lurked?  

About a month or so, mostly on the bigger boards.

May 5, 2012 in the Keys

Reading/lurking a lot on the main boards....some amusing stuff floating around.

Mostly weather; we're in FL and the summer months are too dang hot.  Then, went with mid-way between our birthdays....

Did you pre-plan?

Hmm. Kinda.  I was MOH for my sister's wedding last year, so while looking for ideas for her, I also saved favorites here and there for myself.  I guess it gave me extra time to sort out ideas I liked and didn't like....and, I think it helped give me time to get past all the "ooh, soooo neat!!!!" things.

• FLDiver said:

About a month or so, mostly on the bigger boards.

May 5, 2012 in the Keys

Reading/lurking a lot on the main boards....some amusing stuff floating around.

Mostly weather; we're in FL and the summer months are too dang hot.  Then, went with mid-way between our birthdays....

Did you pre-plan?

Hmm. Kinda.  I was MOH for my sister's wedding last year, so while looking for ideas for her, I also saved favorites here and there for myself.  I guess it gave me extra time to sort out ideas I liked and didn't like....and, I think it helped give me time to get past all the "ooh, soooo neat!!!!" things.

I don't remember seeing your intro post. Did you make one?

• Not new, just don't post a ton. So I will do this anyways. plus I'm avoiding a final paper for my HRD class :)

How long have you lurked? Didn't lurk a lot on this boar, but I lurked on E for a few months. 

When did you get engaged? November 3, 2010

Do you visit other boards? E mostly, invites and my local once in a while

How did you pick October? Really, really wanted October for some reason. FI had no opinion really. I have a weird thing with numbers and when I saw 10/5 was an option in 2013, I said yes! (10/5=2...weird I know)

Did you pre-plan? Nope

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • How long have you lurked? for a while just never wanted to post before.

When did you get engaged? thanksgiving day, 2011

Do you visit other boards? only the Maine one

How did you pick October? fall is my absolute favorite season, im doing a barn wedding, i love fall in maine and am hoping my pictures will come out amazing because of the leaves changing.

Did you pre-plan? no.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FLDiverFLDiver member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    No; sounds like it may be a wise suggestion?  :) Guess I didn't lurk quite long enough!
  • edited June 2013
    How long have you lurked? I haven't really. I've only been on TK once or twice before today.
    When did you get engaged? In February 2011
    Do you visit other boards? Not on TK. I was on TB for a while, while I was pregnant with my daughter last year.
    How did you pick October? I wanted a gorgeous outdoor mid-fall wedding!
    Did you pre-plan? Not really. The planning didn't even really start until January of this year.
  • Not new - Still like to play

long have you lurked?  Didn't.  I signed up, and started posting.  I am 99% positive I never did an intro.  

When did you get engaged?  September 2012

Do you visit other boards? I do, but mostly when I am looking for an answer to a specific question (I'll look to see if it's answered in any of the recent posts) or if I need an idea.

How did you pick October? I first wanted April 2014, FI said it was too long of a wait.  Then I wanted one of the first two weekends in November because of the weather. They were booked so I just asked for a list of dates that were available in October.  It was either the 12th or the 26th.  We picked the 12th.

Did you pre-plan? Nope.  I thought i'd be eloping.  

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • @coopergirl15  I don't mind the question.  Once we thought about how important it was for members of our family to see us get married, we let the idea go.  We both are very close to our grandparents (my absolute favorite part of our engagement was telling FI's little grandma.  She cried and damn near crawled into his lap to get a better hug).  The thought of not having our grandparents there knowing they are all 80-90 started to weigh on us.  Our parents too, it's really important to them.  I get the whole "do what you want, it's your wedding" but we feel like it's a family affair and so many people are happy for us and excited for the wedding so why not celebrate with them all together kwim?
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • How long have you lurked?  I have been on TK since 2010, but I didn't know the boards existed until after I got engaged -- lurked for a few weeks before I started posting.

When did you get engaged? February 14, 2013

Do you visit other boards? Yes. I visit all over, but if I post anywhere other than Oct 2013 it's mainly on E and Invites.

How did you pick October? Because we figured we would be able to plan a wedding in 8 months, and that's the date the church, hall, and photographer, were all available. My FI also really loves the fall.

Did you pre-plan? Sort of. I talked to the lady at the hall who told me that every weekend was open in September, October, and November this fall because FI and I decided at Christmas that we wanted to get engaged and married in 2013. That put me at ease in knowing that we'd have months to plan our wedding. Other than that just a lot of pins on my Pinterest board and deciding that I wanted peach and purple as my colors.

We have the same engagement date!

How long have you lurked?  Well....I was engaged previously and would have been married in 2004 but cancelled it. I used the Knot for planning back then and returned here after I got engaged.

When did you get engaged? February 14, 2013

Do you visit other boards? I visit my local board but it's not very busy. Occasionally other boards if I'm looking for specific info about invites or whatever.

How did you pick October? We didn't want to wait long to get married and wanted to get married in 2013. We were figuring most places would be booked and we'd have to do November, but the place we loved offered us a great discount to do a Friday night within the "prime" wedding months (May-October), so we chose 10/25.

Did you pre-plan? Just lots of Pinterest pinning. I knew my BM's would wear little black dresses and carry pale pink flowers. Other than that I did no real research until we were officially engaged.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards