Not Engaged Yet

Another Monday

How was everyone's weekend? Anything exciting?

Any good plans for the coming week or things to look forward to?

My week ahead will be pretty calm so I am looking forward to that quite a bit. Running errands getting something done around the house too.  There is only one more room in the house that we need to paint so hopefully that will all be done by this weekend.

I had a great weekend. I had three shows and now the show has closed. It was fun. On Friday my parents, FI & some friends came to see it.  On Sunday some of FI's relatives came. Saturday we ran some errands and got a few things done around the house.  Sunday I went to a bridal show with my sister it's turns out it was an grand opening of a salon.  I won a raffle for $500 toward a wedding dress there.  I actually looked at a few dresses too, it was fun to do that stuff with my sister.  Then we had our closing show.  The rest of the night I hung out with FI and helped finish up some projects around the house.  The patio set we wanted was sold out at Home Depo boo.

Anniversary

Re: Another Monday

• Wow sounds like you had a busy weekend! That's awesome you won the $500 towards a wedding dress. Was it only for dresses being shown at the show?

This weekend was exhausting. It was also really exciting though because my sister got a new puppy who is just precious!!!! On Saturday my BP picked out their dresses and got sized. They are gorgeous. That evening FI and I went to his cousin's wedding which was fun but their DOC was a bitch. She definitely got a few death stares from me throughout the night. Sunday FI and I literally were zombies and slept the rest of the day.

Picture of BM dress! yay!
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

Sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend!

This weekend was so relaxing! We brought Buddy to the vet, where he was named "pet of the day" by the staff at the veterinarian office. I cried, I was such a proud fur mom! His prize was a free nail trim and they gave me a picture that hangs proudly on our fridge (I'm framing it, don't judge). After that, we ran to Ocean State Job Lot and bought some pool chemicals. Got home, dropped Buddy off and did some grocery shopping for guacamole. Came home, made guac and pasta salad, and hung out in the pool most of the day (except for a "lunch break" lol)

Saturday night my friend and her H came over. We played CAH and I won!!!!!! We stayed up late talking until about 1am.

Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing but laying in the pool to the point where I got bored. So, I planted a tomatillo plant that my friend gave me from her garden. I then finished a planter/bird bath project that I was working on. Then went to Home Depot to get some flowers for the planter. Then I went back to doing nothing. It was awesome. First weekend in a long time where we didn't do a lot of crazy shit. We also watched the Wallenda guy cross the grand canyon on a tight rope, what did everyone think of this? I liked it a lot better when I put it on mute. I'm not a religious person. Sorry if that offended anyone.

This week nothing exciting planned, next week I have to be up at 4am every day (except for 4th of July) since my co-worker is on vacation. Buddy gets his lion cut on Saturday, um, grocery shopping tonight? That's the extent of my week so far.

ETA: Wallenda rant lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @southernpeach89 I love the BM dresses. It is $500 off any dress designer they have in the store,

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

This weekend pretty much consisted of BF and I taking care of the puppy and trying to fit in everything else around that. We got our apartment almost entirely cleaned on Saturday. I need to go back this week and finish up the rest. We also finished installing our dryer and fixing the dryer vent cause it was clogged with 25 years of lint. BF had to crawl under our porch into spider land to put in a new vent. So scary! I'm glad he isn't as much of a coward as I am and was able to do it. I also found my BM dress and had a fun (if brief) time shopping with @southernpeach89. Sunday night we had dinner at my parent's house and brought the puppy along. She was pretty much terrified of their two massive golden retrivers for the first hour we were there but she gradually got more comfortable with them and even tried to play a little bit but they are still just too big for her to really get all rough and tumbley.

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend! Congrats @peaseblossom55 on winning that $500 credit on a dress!  

• @peaseblossom55 - Yay for winning $500 towards a dress! Awesome luck!

@southernpeach89 - I love the BMs dress! Great color too.

@buddysmom80 - GUAC! I didn't watch the guy go across the GC but I heard about it. I would have muted it as well. I cannot wait for pics of Buddy. CANNOT. WAT!

My weekend was good! H and I drove down the shore to my parents' house on Friday. On Saturday we went to the beach for the day with my mom and then out to dinner that night in Cape May. Sunday, H and I slept in then headed home. We stopped at Ikea on the way because we need something to store our DVDs in and I think we're going to end up splurging on a big entertainment center thing sometime this week. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the apartment and only got half of it done so I have to finish that tonight.

I just got tickets to see Mariah Carey on Thursday! She's pre-recording for the 4th of July and it happens to be right in Liberty State Park which I can walk to from my apartment. I'm obsessed with Mariah. She was the first person I ever saw in concert. I was 8 years old and it was her first tour ever. So freaking excited! 

• @swazzle, I'm so jealous of your Mariah Carey concert!!! We added jalapenos to the guac recipe, so good. You know I will AW Buddy's lion cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 - um yeah, you know that FB pic that I said I loved? I freaking can't stop looking at you in that dress. Part of it is that it's more my style than the other ones, and part of it is that you just look freaking amazing in it! You're going to be a gorgeous bride!

@buddysmom80 - I am so freaking jealous of your pool. I miss mine!

We didn't do anything too crazy this weekend. We ran a bunch of errands Saturday morning, I took a 2.5 hour nap, and then I went shopping for a dress for DH's reunion. It was a debacle. Nothing looked good on me and by the time I got home I was in tears, feeling like a fat cow.

Sunday, I went for a 4 mi run, had breakfast w/ DH, then headed down to Gaithersburg (about 35 mins away) to go to Nordstrom Rack and Last Call Neiman Marcus. What a difference a day makes. 1) I think it helped that I wore spanx this time and 2) the quality of the dresses was just so much better at those two stores. I got killer deals - 3 dresses for $145!

Here's the one I'm wearing for DH's reunion and the shoes I bought to go with them. I don't think this pic really does the dress justice. It was a unanimous winner when I tried all three dresses on for DH and two of our friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger love the outfit!!!!!! You look gorgeous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited June 2013
    Buddy - you MUST post pictures of the lion cut. MUST. 

I had a fabulous weekend for BF's brothers wedding! BF & I drove down to Connecticut on Thursday night. Friday morning, he got up & went to play golf with the guys, while I hung out with his mom. We went & did some last minute shopping for wedding stuff. A bunch of the girls came over & we hung out by the pool, then went to the rehearsal & dinner. The dinner was AMAZING - I had a gigantic lobster which was delicious. Most of the bridesmaids were from the Midwest, so it was really funny watching them all figure out how to eat a lobster for the first time. 

Saturday was wedding day - we got up early, I went & got my hair done (because I can't figure out for the life of me how to curl my own hair). Then I went back to the house, and all of the guys were there, so I hung out with THEM by the pool. I also decided that I never want to be a bridesmaid again - I just want to hang out with the guys!! All the girls were in hair & makeup since 8 a.m., and the guys were hanging out, drinking, laughing, eating... it was so much fun! 

The wedding was one of the top three I've ever been to. The band was AMAZING - there was one point when I looked out and there was not one person sitting at a table... EVERYONE was on the dance floor. BF gave an emotional best man speech, it was adorable. The food was stellar, and the drinks were flowing all night. We went out to a bar with a bunch of people after the reception, and continued to have a great time. 

Yesterday, we got up (just a little hungover), and had a brunch at the house with everyone. I played in the pool with BF's little cousins, everyone left, and we had some family time with the new bride & groom and BF's parents. Apparently, one of their cousins told BF that they now have a running pool for when we're getting engaged. We didn't discuss timelines, but he was more than comfortable with the conversation, and gave the impression that it's definitely something that could happen sooner than later. I'm not going to continue talking about it, because I don't want him to think I'm pushing or trying to rush him, but I feel as though a more substantial conversation is in the works :) 

And now it's back to work. LAME. I'm still tired. But here's a cute pic of us from the rehearsal dinner! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @cutiger97 thank you for saying that it made me tear up  I feel so overwhelmed by all of it, in a good way. Thank you.  I love those shoes!!

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 I have to agree with @cu97tiger you are going to be a gorgeous bride! Seriously, all the dresses looked good on you!

@brisox81 why are you guys so freaking good looking? I love that picture of you two!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Thanks @buddysmom80 and @peaseblossom55 :) DH requested a black dress so I had to spice things up in the shoe department! Thank God for Zappos and one day shipping!

Also, I would like to AW this family portrait from this weekend:

• @buddysmom80 thank you!

@brisox81 what a cute picture. Sounds like you had such a great weekend!

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger - LOVE the outfit! You look hot! 

@BriSox81 - Cutest. Picture. EVER!

• This is turning ino the HOT COUPLES THREAD!!!!!

You're all so hot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @brisox81. At my sisters wedding the "pool" was for who would be the next one engaged (mainly between me, my brother, and my cousin) lol. I'm sure we weren't winning the pool but we were first. I personally think the profits should be shared with us (of course these "bets" weren't with real money). Silly familia!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @peaseblossom55 - Wow! Yay for extra money!

@southernpeach89 - That's a beautiful dress!

My weekend was pretty good - the worst of the severe weather just kept going south of us all weekend long, so I got more rest than I'd initially anticipated. BF and I went to my parents' place on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day. My dad grilled 3 different kinds of ribs for lunch; the country ribs and back ribs were good, but the spare ribs got tough. Oh well, it's his new thing and he's learning. After lunch my mom, my brother's GF, and I went shopping for yarn. I found some blue and bronze that I'm going to knit into a Fair Isle bag with the Ravenclaw House crest on it because I am a dork.

Sunday we did laundry at BF's place for 9 hours and only got one load done. His dryer is a POS, we need to get into a place that works better. This is the second dryer we've had in that space and both have had issues, so I'm up to blaming the space at this point. We watched the last 3 episodes of Mythbusters and the first season of Spice & Wolf because we are dorks.

This week ... well, Saturday I have my knitting class again for the last day. I'm thinking about suggesting a class to teach us how to knit with beads, like adding beads to work on shawls and scarves - that could be really pretty. Otherwise it's just a matter of keeping on keeping on around here. Which is a bit of a task most days.
  • @BriSox81 Love the picture, you guys are smokin'! So dreamy with the sunset and marina.

@swazzle Jealous! I love Mariah. '95-'99 style icon in my book. Trademark look for me would be pink halter, boyfriend jeans and wedges from 'heartbreaker' video.

This weekend was amazing! Lots of end of the year celebrations with my teacher peeps. No more Sunday blues! On Friday I went to the waterfront and drank silly and then headed to the beach late night with the stragglers. Saturday morning I woke up a lil later than usual. I went to target, tanning and then swimming. Saturday night I went to see my friend's band play at a pub. It's always a good time because it's always my friends and family that come out to see the band. Stayed out til 2am...really taking advantage of this past weekend. Sunday I slept in and went to target again, dropped off laundry/dry-cleaning, got chowder and clamcakes for lunch and took a first aid/cpr/aed course, along with a child abuse course online. I start autism camp in 2 weeks, gotta stay busy!
  • Ughhhh I hate Mondays.  It's raining here and it makes me want to run home and go right back to bed.

Friday and Saturday were pretty quiet for me.  FI was in Vegas, so I watched a ton of movies and cleaned up around the apartment.  Saturday night I went up to the city to hang out with FSIL, but we ended up passing out watching a horrible movie rather than actually doing anything.

Sunday was chaotic to say the least.  FI's family had gotten all of us SF Giants tickets for Christmas, and let's just say nothing about getting to that game went smoothly.  In the end, though, after two trips to the stadium, three ticket reprints, FMIL bailing, and a trip to the airport to pick up FI who hadn't slept a wink, we made it and everyone settled down.  After we went home, FI passed out at 7:30 and talked in his sleep with his eyes wide open about faucet heads.  That was strange...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If this turns into the hot couples thread, I am in trouble! A great pic of me and my partner doesn't exist! If anyone has seen the engagement picture episode of Friends, my partner is like Chandler and makes a kind of weird face every time he's supposed to smile at the camera.

My weekend started off with a HUGE fight with my partner over something really stupid (basically, I'm on corticosteroids, and let's just say they mess with my moods). I moved the bedroom furniture around, and then we had to move it all back--we discovered that our apartment has warped floors and the bed rocks back and forth in the new location! Oh well.

Saturday, I went and closed a checking account I hadn't used in YEARS. I'm so excited to have some extra cash around now for some shopping sprees :) I celebrated by getting a great manicure with my friend (two showers and a bunch of dirty dishes later and I only have one tiny chip).

But instead of cleaning, or reorganizing the closets, or working on my proposal, I ended up SLEEPING all day Saturday and Sunday. At least I feel refreshed today!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I'm super late to this thread but whatever :)

My weekend was fairly uneventful. Just a lot of hanging out, doing nothing with BF. I did have an interesting conversation with BF's sister - she thinks weddings are too expensive so she wants to do a pot-luck wedding when she gets married. She isn't getting married anytime soon (and I have absolutely no idea how the topic even came up in the first place) so I just glossed over it and changed the subject. I hope she doesn't really do that when she does get married!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards