October 2013 Weddings
Options

Day-of Jewelry

What are you ladies planning on wearing? Necklace, bracelet, earrings? I can't decide what I want, lol.

I've been looking at bigger clip-on earrings (my ears are pierced by the clip-ons seem to be bigger than studs for pierced ears). But, at the same time, I'm not really sure what I want. (life is hard...... and #firstworldproblems)

Re: Day-of Jewelry

• Options
    I think I'm just wearing my diamond stud earrings and was thinking MAYBE borrowing my sister's pearls if it looks right....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a longgggggg set of pearls, prolly be tripling them with a broach. Bracelet and hair clip
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pearl necklace, earrings, and probably bracelet. hoping to incorporate my something old in this as my grandmothers gave me jewelry over the years and have since passed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Probably dangling earrings, solitaire diamond necklace that was my grandmas, and a delicate bracelet. I have this really pretty old watch that I am thinking about getting a band put on (right now it is just black string but I would like to possibly have a chain or something) that I would wear instead of a bracelet too.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    My dress has a high standing lace neck/collar, so I will not be wearing a necklace.

I will wear my engagement ring on my right hand.

My great aunt got me a Tiffany pearl bracelet a few years ago - I will will that as my "something old" even though it is not all that old.

I have not decided what I will wear for earrings. I have semi-large pearl earrings, but they're kinda boring. But, they might look good with the pearl earrings. I don't think I want a dangly type of earring, but I might. If I get around to it with enough time, I'll find something new for earrings. If not, I'll wear the pearls. I also have diamond studs that I wear often and would work as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I'll be wearing my pearl set I got from my mom for standing up in her wedding with my stepdad. It has a necklace, bracelet and earrings. I will also be wearing a ring FI got me that has both our birthstones in on my right hand.

• Options
    I have no idea.  This has been hanging out in the back of my brain for months and I'm still stumped.  I would love to wear a strand of peacock pearls (they're greenish blue and beautiful) and I'm trying to think of how to plant the idea in FI's head that those could be my wedding gift :)   
  • Options
    lplions said:
    What are you ladies planning on wearing? Necklace, bracelet, earrings? I can't decide what I want, lol.

I've been looking at bigger clip-on earrings (my ears are pierced by the clip-ons seem to be bigger than studs for pierced ears). But, at the same time, I'm not really sure what I want. (life is hard...... and #firstworldproblems)
    You can have clip-ons converted to studs.  I did that with my heirloom set of ivory.

I'm not fully decided yet.  I -really- want to wear my ivory, but, my mom seems to want me to wear her single pearl drop necklace, and since the top of the bodice of my gown is detailed, that's probably the best option.

No bracelets.  Probably long earrings.  I'm mostly waiting to have the gown in my hands before I start making some of these choices.
  • Options
    My mom, as they now live in FL, wants to help out and said she wanted to make my necklace.  This is the design idea we went with.  The blues and greens are a bit deeper to match our colors.  

As for earrings, I have no clue!!!  As I'm going with kind of a non-traditional necklace what do you do for earrings???  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    With that much necklace, @rustytammy, I'd go for simpler earrings, like a small single stud in one of the colors, or even a clear stone (diamond, CZ, white sapphire, as examples). You don't want them to be too much, but, then again, I've bought a large plot of land in the "less is more" camp...
  • Options
    @lplions that is kind of what I was thinking.  I'm not much for jewelry on a normal basis so I'm always a little lost when it comes to this kind of thing.  LOL 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    I'm wearing chandleir style earrings that I got an antique store a month after FI proposed when I went shopping with my mom.  It was the first thing I bought for the wedding so it was pretty cool.  I'm wearing a silver bracelet my godparents gave me for my high school graduation as my old.  FI is possibly getting me jewelry for my wedding present so I suggested to him that less is more since my dress has a jeweled belt.
  • Options
    Chandelier earrings and a bracelet.  The detail along my neckline is so gorgeous that I don't want to take away from it with a necklace! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing a string of pearls and a pair of beautiful pearl and diamond earrings that I'm borrowing from my mom.

• Options
    I'm wearing my necklace that FI got me in our first year of dating and my mom is letting me borrow her small dangly diamond earrings that my dad got her like 20 years ago. I don't think I'm gonna wear any bracelets. My dress is all lace and sparkly, I'm wearing my hair down and I have a cathedral length lace veil. Too much bling would be over kill for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @rustytammy you could also use a single bead or two from the necklace for drop earrings. Not much but a subtle hint of color
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards