Not Engaged Yet

Since I'm Turning 21 Next Month.....

I'm just going to roll with that until I get an AARP card, so everyone else needs to live in my denial as well.

Anyway, I need some drink ideas for the summer. We always have wine in our house (red, white, sangria) and beer. In the winter I drink a lot of vodka and don't mind mixing drinks for people when they come over, but I want to have a drink that I can make in advance, like a big pitcher of it so when people come over, I'm not playing bartender all day in the house. Like a rum punch or something. If anyone has any ideas, tips, recipes, complaints, rants, etc. please share.

Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Since I'm Turning 21 Next Month.....

• Sweet tea vodka and lemonade

• Swazzle said:
    Sweet tea vodka and lemonade
    Oh yeah, like an Arnold Palmer, I could get behind that. I'm adding it to the list of drinks to try this weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I made this sangria for my brunch a couple weeks ago and it was super yummy!

Here is the recipe:

• @Swazzle is wise. That is a delicious, DELICIOUS drink. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @southernpeach89 you changed your username too? I'm so confused now!

That recipe looks good and if I used frozen peaches instead of fresh, it would help keep the sangria cold. I usually just keep a box wine version of sangria in the house that's red, but I could do this as well. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle and @brisox81 is this vodka easy to find? I live next to a huge package (liquor, state, etc) store and I'll call them when they open in a few but if they don't have it, would I have better luck at a smaller store?

@brisox81 that recipe looks so good! I'm going to drink all the drinks this weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited June 2013
    @buddysmom80- Yea I've been wanting to change it for a while since it had my name in it so hopefully this won't confuse people too much since I'm keeping the same avatar.

I would also quadruple the recipe since what you read in it isn't all that much and if you plan to make it parties as well. I had just enough for 10 people and I doubled it.

ETA: I kept the same amount for vodka though since I didn't want to kill my guests but you could probably add more of that, I would just taste test it.
  • In my opinion, Firefly is the best brand to buy. I'm sure your liquor store will have SOME kind of sweet tea vodka, though. It's pretty popular nowadays.

• @swazzle I've never heard of it before, I can't wait to try it though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Firefly is definitely the best. It's pretty common, you should be able to get it at your liquor store.

*******************************************************************************************

• I just called the package store they have the Firefly brand so I'll be picking that up tonight since there is a wine tasting there from 4-8pm.

Can't wait to try this stuff out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I love sweet tea vodka and lemonade so good this reminds me I need to buy lemonade.

I found a recipe on pinterest awhile back adding vanilla vodka to root beer so it kind of tastes like a root beer float.  I've been dying to try that.

Anniversary

• Wow check out my new sn!  I love it, can anyone guess where that is from?

Anniversary

• Oh please tell me it's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" ...
  • I just realized that I had a whole board on Pinterest just for drink recipes! I'll have to check it out later, but am always apprehensive to try the drink recipes out until someone says "Oh I've had that, it's good"

BF just suggested making jello shots as well....oh boy. I do make a mean banana split jello shot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • You can never go wrong with a pitcher of Mojitos! 

For summer parties I typically do a batch of sangria. Last year Liv turned me on to a great white wine one (think it was a Martha recipe...) It went fast! I also like Dark and Stormies (Goslings dark rum and Ginger Beer -yummy). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @keptinstitches

yes from a midsummer night's dream! One of the fairies

Anniversary

• @buddymom80 a banana split jello shot? That sounds really good.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - whoa, I definitely liked your old name better... WAY easier to remember

@buddysmom80 (which for some reason has me singing 'Stacys mom has got it going on' in my head) - white wine spritzers. You put out the wine and a bottle of sprite, people mix as they see fit. Maybe throw the sprite into a pitcher, add some limes and lemons to it to make it pretty. VOILA
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger that's an awesome idea. Overall I'm trying to reduce traffic into the house save for potty breaks so that can work as well.

Everyone, thank you so so much for your ideas! I knew I could count on you ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cutiger97 sorry :-( I've been dying to change it for oh so many reasons...

it's one of the fairies from A Midsummer Night's Dream

Anniversary

• Vintagelove4Vintagelove4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    @buddysmom80 The title threw me for a loop for a second because my birthday is next month.

edit: grammar & spelling
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lilyrose4242 my birthday is next month (7/8). I'm just not accepting the fact that I'm in my 30's still. So I've been celebrating my 21st birthday for a while now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 I still have no idea want we're doing for mine (7/25). I'm a young one through so I'll probably spend the morning getting my new drivers license since there will be drinking that evening.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My partner made some strawberry basil lemonade from a Paula Deen recipe that was great with some vodka in it.

I'm also huge fan of bloody marys on humid mornings.

When it's really, really hot nothing tastes as cool as a gin and tonic. I've been known to swap out the lime for a shot of apple juice.

I've never made a homemade shandy or radler, but I'm sure you could find some recipes for that. It's generally half beer (something light and crisp) and half lemonade or grapefruit soda.

I've also been advised that an Arnold Palmer spiked with alcohol is called a Leland Palmer.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • @buddysmom80 you have the same birthday as my Italian grandmother (79 years apart).

It's cool. I've turned 29 five times so far. Maybe I should start going backwards.

To help keep things cold, have you considered something like this?
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/13855-creativeware-3-gallon-beverage-dispenser-infuser.html

The dispenser has a core you can freeze. My friends who host parties often have two, and they're great.
  • Cranberry juice and Malibu is delicious! Also Miranda Lambert has this delicious summery wine called Electric Pink. It's a great pool/outside wine since it's so refreshing. 
  • My partner made some strawberry basil lemonade from a Paula Deen recipe that was great with some vodka in it.

I'm also huge fan of bloody marys on humid mornings.

When it's really, really hot nothing tastes as cool as a gin and tonic. I've been known to swap out the lime for a shot of apple juice.

I've never made a homemade shandy or radler, but I'm sure you could find some recipes for that. It's generally half beer (something light and crisp) and half lemonade or grapefruit soda.

I've also been advised that an Arnold Palmer spiked with alcohol is called a Leland Palmer.
    I've always called a spiked Arnold Palmer a John Daly. But you may need to be a golf fan (or at least know something about professional golf) to get that one. :) 

• Malibu Bay Breeze! That is an awesome summer drink!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards