Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding Emergency Kit

Hi All,

I am putting  togehter a wedding day emergency kit for a wedding I am the MOH in this weekend. What do you wish you had with you on your big day? What would you put in your kit? Any tips for being the world's best MOH are welcome too! Thanks!

Re: Wedding Emergency Kit

• Options

The most useful things I've needed at weddings (both my own and ones where I was in the wedding party) have been extra hairspray, dress tape, and club soda (or a Tide stick) for emergency removal of red wine stains from a wedding gown.  If you or the bride will be wearing nylons, clear nail polish to fix runs is also a lifesaver.  But really, you can deal with most wedding emergencies with dress tape and a Tide stick, I think.

And if the bride is crying-prone, carry a handkerchief if you can.  My MOH did and I really, really appreciated it.

• Options

I actually needed dress tape because my sleeves ended up slipping on me, so that came in handy.

oil blotter strips for her face were hand

• Options
    Safety pins! My bustle broke and my SIL used a ton of safety pins to fix it. And I gave a few to a guest that needed them as well.

• Options
    My bridesmaid put together an emergency kit for me. Even though I didn't need it, it's still good to have. Here is a list you can use as a template:

For Clothing
    1. Sewing kit with needles, thread, buttons, and safety pins
    2. Toupee tape (for keeping clothes in place)
    3. Scissors
    4. Stick-on instant hemming tape
    5. Clear nail polish (for runs)
    6. White chalk (for masking stains)

From The Drugstore
    1. Breath mints
    2. Bandages
    3. Blister protection
    4. Antacid
    5. Pain reliever

For Touch-Ups
    1. Blotting papers