Registry and Gift Forum

gifts ideas for bridal party

anybody care to share what you & spouse (or spouse to be) got (or are planning to get) for your bridal party?

Re: gifts ideas for bridal party

• FI is getting his groomsmen pocket watches, and I am starting my BM's Pandora bracelets. 
    Anniversary
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Shop as if it's their birthday or Christmas...  For mine, one collects Peanuts figurines from Hallmark so I got her the most expensive one. Another I stalked her Pinterest page and purchased two necklaces she had pinned from Etsy. Another I think I'm doing a winery gift certificate and my MOH I'm up in the air on.

My fiancé is having a hard time grasping this whole "you don't need to get them the same thing" crap...hopefully he comes around.
  • We got everyone books specific to their interests. A knitting book for MOH, a book of poetry for another bridesmaid, a play for another, a sci-fi novel for one groomsman, etc.
  • AllieBear725AllieBear725 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I'm doing engraved watches of their choosing with our date. 

I only have 2 BM's, and both are obsessed with watches, which is perfect. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Re: gifts ideas for bridal party:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing engraved watches of their choosing with our date.  I only have 2 BM's, and both are obsessed with watches, which is perfect. 
    Posted by AllieBear725[/QUOTE]

Why the fluck would they want a watch with YOUR wedding date on it? Why not just put "To BM, Love Allie".

No one wants anything with your wedding date on it.
  • In Response to Re:gifts ideas for bridal party:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:gifts ideas for bridal party: Are your girlfriends all perimenopausal soccer moms? Seriously, this is the absolute worse BM gift ever.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Um, I am 22 and I have one and its full. I happen to know my bridesmaids and it is a gift they will cherish.
    Anniversary
  • I got my girls bracelets and then I am planning on adding something personal for each of them.  My FMIL showed these awesome candle holders last night that have a photo frame in them so I am thinking of including those too. I know all my girls would love it. 

My FI has no idea yet.

Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:gifts ideas for bridal party:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:gifts ideas for bridal party: Well that makes sense. Children do like charm bracelets. Anyhow, you have well over a year until your wedding. It's way to early to be making this kind of decision.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

hahahaha to all of the above
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • We got the girls clutches that were custom made from etsy and the guys got beer mugs with their favorite NFL team on them and their name engraved. 
  • I got my girls Kate Spade wallets in different colors and patterns to match their personalities, with a $15.00 Starbucks gift card tucked inside. My FI is giving his guys Swiss Army travel bags with Kiehls shaving products inside.
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are planning to get couple wrist watches or couple wedding bands. I would love to have one of these for us.

• I love my pandora bracelet! I got one as a gift and got both my BM's one when I asked them to be in the wedding. They love them and wear them all of the time. Both of them have even purchased a charm or two each since!

They will each be getting a charm again as a gift and GM are getting ties and a gift card to a favorite place.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love my Pandora too. All of my close friends have one so I won't get buying them for them but I would've loved to have it as a gift. I got it from FI. He gets me a new charm at different milestones. I even have a Kermit
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• MuppetFan!! You have a kermit?! So awesome. Do you know what brand he is?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    imageHe is this. Chamilia but he's discontinued. He makes me happy
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013

I just found this creepy one on e-bay on the cheap. Ick.   The other one is going for $85.00 now. sheesh. WTF did they give him teeth? This is so freakish
    image   imageimage

• I am getting my girls a clutch from etsy and a cloth handkerchief.  The guys got personalized beer mugs of with their favorite NFL team.
  • Please don't get your bridesmaids all the same gift. It is so not thoughtful. Plus, who wants the exact same gift of 4 other girls? I definitely wouldn't.

All of my girls had very different personalities, so I got them each individual gifts that suit their tastes.

MOH (The Traveler): New carry on Samsonite Suitcase
    BM#1 (The Photographer): The new Polaroid Camera with lots of film
    BM#2 (The Girly Girl): 2 pairs of Kate Spade earrings
    BM#3 (The Sports lover): A Baltimore Ravens rug and desk set for her office and a pair of shorts
    BM#4 (The Fashionista): A Michael Kors Wristlet
  • I am getting my 3 bridesmaids gift cards to the Metropolitan Opera in an amount enough that she can choose 1 really nice ticket or 2 mid-tier seats or more tickets but cheaper seats. I know some people here don't like the idea of the same gift for everyone but I know my girls and they all love the opera but can't often justify the splurge.
  • Agree with most PPs regarding Pandora bracelets. I'm 31, and I'd love a charm bracelet! Again, you've got to know your BMs. As long as you think they'd like having it, then it's a good gift.

I also agree with avoiding anything personalized for your wedding. Avoid giving anything with your names, your monogram, your wedding date, or their role. Twenty years from now, they're not going to care that they were a groomsman on December 21, 2013.

I haven't settled on wedding party gifts yet. One friend I'm pretty sure will be getting a nice bottle of wine. Another friend we're thinking of giving a membership to the Bacon of the Month club. Another might get a DVD box set or video games. We're looking for things that will appeal to them personally and that they'll truly appreciate having.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was thinking of getting all my bridemaids something thats the same thing, but I want it to be personalized in a way. Does anyone have any suggestions ? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards