California-Orange County

Wedding cake help!!!!

Went to French's for a cake tasting in costa mesa and it was awful! Trying to find a reasonable wedding cake!! My venue is in costa mesa and I'm looking for a small one for show and sheet cake in the back... Any suggestions??

Re: Wedding cake help!!!!

• staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I went with SusieCakes in Newport Beach. It is a heavier cake, but it is good. Prices were reasonable.

I also had a tasting at Great Dane. Their cake is good. We had a tasting, weren't ready to book since we had other tastings scheduled so they filed away our order and we went with SusieCakes. 3 days before the wedding they called and said they were going to be starting my order the next day and needed the delivery address. I laughed. I was like if you want to give me free cake go ahead!

Also, some grocery stores (and Costco and Sams) have really good cakes too. Especially if you are looking for a small cake and sheet cake in the back.

And because I've lived in Costa Mesa my whole life, what is your venue? (Just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want.)

• Thank you! I will give them a call! It's at Scott's bar and restaurant off bristol
  • Awesome! I've always seen the sign but I've never been in there. Might have to give it a try! :D

• Susie cakes is super yummy, but I agree, really heavy.  Nearly put me in a coma when my best friend had it for a bday party.  Our cake place was It's all about the Cake in DP and it was hands down the best cake I've ever had.  The delivery is a little more to CM, but definitely give them a try!

• Hahaha lwoehlk. That is true about Susiecakes. I should mention we did cupcakes since we had a sweets table. It made it less coma inducing!

• Amazing cakes magnolia anaheim
    cinderella cakes euclid anaheim
    great dane bakery in huntington beach

hope it helps :)
  • I haven't tried it myself but my friend is planning a wedding for this August said that she was going to set up a cake tasting with Albertson's grocery store because they make reasonably priced, tasty, and pretty cakes. You just have to check out which stores will deliver and which won't before you pick a store. 
  • pengurlpengurl member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I used Gelson's in Newport Beach.  Great price, tasted perfect and looked amazing.  Worked with Chris the manager. 
  • Rockwells Cakes in Villa Park are great too
  • rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We are using Patty's Cakes in Fullerton, sooo good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards