Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Looking for cheap- they will just get thrown out anyway

What is the cheapest method for wedding invites? I figure they are just going to end up taking up space in a landfill anyway- Id love to do an e-vite (i know, i know its frowned upon, which is why we are not)- is printing at home really that difficult for a simple black ink invite?

Re: Looking for cheap- they will just get thrown out anyway

• Options
    I designed mine myself, and printed them at home. It was a pain to cut/trim the invites, RSVPs, and inserts, but for me it was worth it. I spent about $35 and at least 20 hours on them, but I had more time than money at that point and was very specific about what I wanted. For plain black text it shouldn't take as long.

Vistaprint is usually highly recommended around here; they have good prices and offer sales pretty often.

ETA: Stamps! My mom paid for the stamps, and I think she spent about $75 for the invites and return postage on RSVPs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I made mine my self I used a craft studio app on my iPad and printed them with snapfish on photo paper it was cheaper than the card stock...and like you said they gon throw them way. I got my invites for 14.75 they had a 50% off sale. They always have sales
  • Options
    thank you! We are not doing save the dates or any of that other nonsense like like programs, menus ect. Id rather put the money towards a better DJ.
  • Options
    I actually found mine on invitations by dawn during a sale and they beat VistaPrint by $70.  

It all kind of depends on what you want.  I found a pretty cute all in one set and got it for a steal.  You can also check out Michaels if you have a decent home printer.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vistaprint or Zazzle are well priced and have regular coupon deals. I got my invitations from Zazzle and they turned out really well. If you just want something simple though you could definitely do them yourself at home.
  • Options
    thank you! We are not doing save the dates or any of that other nonsense like like programs, menus ect. Id rather put the money towards a better DJ.

I am all for budget friendly ideas. Vistaprint, 123print, or printing at home will save a lot of money.  However, your comment above is offensive.  Programs, menus, etc. are not "nonsense".  They may not be something you are interested in spending money on, but that doesn't make them nonsense. 
  • Options
    We are doing my daughter's on David's Bridal website.  She is using one of their monogram cardstocks/styles.  $65 for 100 -- she went this route as they have an addressing option.  It'll cost us $2 per card (inner and outer envelopes) but will be well worth the time and effort. 
  • Options
    Honestly, what's better than cheap? Free. I used partypop invitations and they are completely free. The card and ink quality was great and they had matching envelopes with return addresses. The staff is professional and the process was relatively easy. The only caveat is that you would also have to use their wedding website which I did not. I edited every single one of my 70 invitations that I ordered to display the access code for TheKnot wedding website instead, but it was worth it.
  • Options
    How were you able to edit it out? I am very interested in free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards