Rhode Island

Reception Timeline Question - Warwick Country Club

Hi, I'm researching venues and was wondering if there are any Warwick Country Club brides out there or has anyone attended a wedding there? I'm curious about the timing of the reception since they require you to start serving dinner at 5:30. Did you do a 4:00 cocktail hour and end the reception at 10 pm? Since the dj/band is supposed to stop 30 mins before the end of the reception this would put the dancing ending at 9:30. We have a good amount of night owls amongst our family and friends so I'm worried this will feel early. We could extend the reception to 11, but that would make it a 7 hour reception which sounds long in comparison to weddings I've attended where 5-6 hours has been the norm. As much as I don't want to end the party early I also don't want it to feel like it is dragging on. I'm trying to figure out what the best option is and would love to hear of others experiences at Warwick CC or other venues with a similar timeline. Thanks in advance!

Re: Reception Timeline Question - Warwick Country Club

• That is a tough one, ultimately you know your guests best and you should have it go as late as you want. I don't think ending it at 10 is odd, as you said that is the normal reception length. Good luck!
  • we went to a wedding there - beautiful location!! i think to end at 10 is fair. we are going to a wedding in august - ceremony is from 4:30-5, cocktails 5-6, reception 6-10. if your family and friends really want to keep the party going, they will search out a local place.
  • Thank you both! I am sure it will be fine to end at 10. I think I'm just over thinking and second guessing everything right now. :)

URIsweethearts - I love the view! I haven't talked to anyone who has been to WCC for a wedding. Do you remember how the food was or hear anything from the bride on how they were to work with? There aren't a ton of reviews on here so any info is helpful!
  • i know that the bride hired a DOC. so I don't know if that is any indication of how helpful they are/were. the food was ok. pretty standard. I had some kind of stuffed chicken. she did have cupcakes from wrights dairy farm - they were not the prettiest but tasted great ;)
  • Just as a follow-up we have been to weddings at WCC and have always had great experiences.  The food is very good, they did switch over the staff this year and the food hasn't changed quality.  Only advice is on the sound system, the wedding last June we couldn't hear the toasts, I believe they put in a new one but just be aware of that. 

It is a stunning venue, you will have a beautiful day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards