Getting in Shape
Options

In need of inspirtation and motivation

I have all of the tools at home to have a good workout, but I am so unmotivated when I get home.  By the time I'm done cooking and cleaning up dinner and doing things around the house I just can't bring myself to workout.  What do you use as motivation??
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: In need of inspirtation and motivation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya.  It's tough.  I work out immediately after I get home from work before I eat dinner, etc.  I already have an hour+ commute so that in itself makes it hard to motivate myself.  I suggest the morning.  I can't do mornings due to work schedule but if I could, it would be great.  

Does your FI go to they gym?  Maybe you both could help motivate eachother.

ETA:  I want to kill TK.  
  • Options
    My FI does NOT help out with motivation.  He doesn't work out, but says he wants to all the time.  We both get up at 5:30 to get ready for work so a morning workout might be hard.  I have plenty of time at night, it's just getting down there and doing it!  I have set an alarm on my phone to go off every day telling me to work out!  I might have to just switch up dinner and working out.  If I do it right when I get home THEN cook dinner I might be more willing to do it.  Thanks for the advice!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Like PP's said, I go to the gym right after work because I'm not a morning person and I've always heard that it's bad to exercise immediately after eating a meal, so holding off on dinner and exercising first makes sense.

• Options
    Do it in the morning.  Yes, you'll have to get up earlier, but if you won't do it after work, you should do it before.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    J&K's suggestion is a good one, but if you're like me and not a morning person, do your workout immediately when you get home.  I go straight from work to the gym, but since you said you work out at home, you need to just go right into your workout as soon as you can.  I know how much harder it is once you've had dinner and are all full and sleepy and completely done with your day to find any remaining energy to workout.  So I suggest just tweaking your schedule  a bit and making exercise your priority when you get home.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I go after work and before I come home, grabbing a light 200-calorie-or-under snack an hour before I go. I'll look at People or something with some fabulous looking stars to motivate me. If that doesn't work, I'll listen to some really happy, get-up-and-go music for 5 minutes. Usually, I can make myself go by telling myself I'll just do 10 minutes that day. Then, after pushing for a grueling 15 minutes, I find the next 15 are a cinch. And then I sleep REALLY well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards