April 2014 Weddings

rude people??

Has anyone else posted stuff on this site just asking questions or what not and they give u a response kinda like why are you even looking when you have forever til your wedding? If y'all are like me y'all wanna get one step ahead of the game..
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: rude people??

• I have never had that problem.  Everyone on here on all of the boards I have posted on have been nothing but helpful to me.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ya I noticed that when I first started posting on this website which is why I don't use it as much.  I usually just use this website for ideas, not the forums. I use a website called weddingwire.com for the forums and the people are a lot more friendly there, you should check it out!! :)
  • Thanks. I will!! Some of the people are so nice.. but others have acted like I shouldn't be on here posting stuff bc i have 14 months to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I think it depends on what you're asking about. Some things you don't need to be planning yet simply because you do have so much time. The ladies who have already planned their weddings and have stuck around know this and are just trying to keep you from making decisions on things that you might change later on.

No one thinks you shouldn't be posting here, they're just trying to give you the best advice since we are so far out from our weddings.

ETA: I just looked through your posting history and can't seem to find where people were rude to you? In the undergarments thread someone suggested waiting until closer to your wedding day to purchase, but other than that I didn't see anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Thats actually the post I was talking about. I dont feel that bc I have a yr or so she should give me advice to wait to look at them. People dont know my situation. And like i just posted on there i have a bigger chest n would like to try some to see where im most comfortable. So yes I may have took it wrong but I simply asked if ppl knew of places online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get that, but she wasn't saying it to be rude, it was just a suggestion because we April 2014 brides have over a year before we get married. There is nothing wrong with going out to look and get an idea of what you want/need for under your dress but keep in mind your body may change before your fittings start. It would be a shame to spend money now and then not be able to use/return whatever you decide to buy.

That particular poster also gave you a website to try out, so she did answer your question in addition to giving friendly advice.
  • Yes like I said I think I just took it wrong. I tried to delete this post and dk how to
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sadly, I agree. I have made a couple of posts on the boards and have received very helpful responses. But there is a group of posters that are straight up eliteist snobs. It is kinda a turn off to interacting much in the community. This is why i mostly lurk for info and ideas.
  • Omg that's my biggest pet peeve... Not on this site but in general.

Today at David's Bridal I was looking at the bride and groom football jersey and sweatpants. I asked the girl if they had anymore sizes and she told me not to eorry bc I have a ton of time to but these items....

I hate that don't worry about when I want to buy these items..
    My bridezilla moment but I hate it being told I have so much time left
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There's a lot of not very nice people here. For example, yesterday I asked what role I should place my nine-year-old niece in because she's sort of in between ages for flower girls and bridesmaids. The responses I got back were ridiculous. Ladies accusing me of trying to kick a nine-year-old out of the wedding, someone asking if it invalidates a marriage to have a young attendant. Seriously, how hard is it to just confirm that nine isn't too young to be a bridesmaid? Keep the hate fest for someone else.
  • Yeah, I haven't experienced it but I have read a lot of rude and nasty comments. I hope they only act in that way online and not in person. Either way, I find in unacceptable.
  • Yes. I know. I was hoping I wasn't the only one. People say they are on here to tell you what your doing wrong. But how are we doing it wrong when its our weddings? I feel a lot of these women need to be kicked off of here. I just posted on another post and I kinda thought well damn she asked what color a dress would be good not if something was appropriate. But they sure did give her a mouth full. I don't post much anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think its a matter of perspective.  I am happy that they are honest no matter how brutal it is.  I am also a pretty sarcastic person with a really thick skin.  I have learned so much about etiquette and things that would be considered rude from lurking. I think that people ask the same questions over and over again about rude things claiming that their situation is different.  Its not and the posters that you are considering rude are trying to prevent us from making a faux pas (sp?)  The only way to prevent this from happening to you is A)Don't ask questions you won't like the answers to B) Read to do your research rather than asking.

Until I joined TK I never realized how rude so many of the weddings I have been to or have been involved in were.  I just thought things seemed strange but it was just me.  I am happy with the advice I have been given or have read.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I would make her a flower girl.I always picture bridesmaids being be teens and older. I was a flower girl in my moms wedding when I was 8. But at the end of the day do what you think is best. I am sure she will be trilled to be participating in the ceremony.
  • Honestly, there isn't an age limit on bridesmaids. If that is the role you'd like her in then that's the role she should be in.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't know what role I want her in, I just know I want her in the wedding. I have two second cousins who will be 3 and 1 1/2 that I want to be the flower girls.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards