October 2013 Weddings
Options

Friday, Finally!

This week took forever. I am not joking either.

What are your plans for this weekend?

What are some good things that happened this week?

Today I work until 11 and then will be opening our rummage sale for the last weekend. We reduced prices so hopefully pretty much everything will get sold. We will be doing it all weekend.

Tonight we are going to a bar closing party where everything that is currently opened is $1 a drink. That shall be interesting. Luckily it is only for regulars.

Something good this week?

I found out we're under budget so far.

My garden is growing and my tomatos are budding.

Re: Friday, Finally!

• Options
    It really did.

Um... Running, laying by the pool. Dishes. And brushing the cats, if I can find their brush...

Good things? I hit 2 miles in 25 minutes yesterday, even with the stupid amount of humidity! Got to talk to FH twice this week (and will hopefully get another conversation in tonight) when I thought at the beginning of the week we wouldn't get to talk at all.

• Options
    Another good thing, I just found out I got a $1 raise with my promotion! Whoot Whoot!

• Options
    Well this weekend FI actually has Saturday completely off which never happens so we're trying to get together with some friends. Definitely going to get a run in, and FI and my dad are going to work on my car because we got last weeks noise fixed and it started a new one on Tuesday...fun times!
  • Options
    We are going to the outlet mall tonight to try to find one of my BM gifts, tomorrow housework and FI's cousin's graduation party and Sunday we have a party for my brother at the lakehouse which I am really looking forward to!

I had a lot of good things this week - checking off little things for the wedding has been making me happy. We booked our shuttle, got my underwear for my fitting next friday, got the cake flavors officially picked out and ordered, got the last vases for the centerpieces on the head table, got the final proposal from our caterer with just a few details to wrap up, scheduled our engagement shoot. Good week!

Also, we watched a lot of GoT. Not the most productive, and I have been totally slacking in the exercise/eating well but it's so good. I need to make better life decisions though. We're in double digit days now!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Good: LONG WEEKEND! Yay!!! (and happy Canada Day to any other Canadians on the board)

This weekend we are getting some wedding stuff done (next meeting with officiant; final fitting with last bridesmaid), going to a BBQ or two (hopefully it doesn't rain all weekend), and holiday fireworks on Monday!!
  • Options
    Why has this week been such an ass whipping?  UGH!!!

Thankfully today is a lull since most everyone's out at a seminar, so I'm getting caught up on work.  *snort*

Not really, I'm crafting wedding invitations to take advantage of Michael's 25% off orders over $149 (yay for saving almost $100 on invites!).

We're hopping the motorcycle tonight and riding hard and fast to Houston with some friends to do the Harley Davidson "Tour of Honor" ride, where you hit up all the state dealerships to get a stamp in your "passport" book so you can win a new Harley.  o.O  Don't even ask me WHY.  We already HAVE a Harley, we don't need two!! 

Also, 105 degrees tomorrow.  On a motorcycle. 

8 dealerships.  Less than 2 days.

Feel bad for me yet?  :| 

He's going to owe me MANY cold beers.  MANY.
  • Options
    If it doesn't storm this weekend, we're going to JazzFest nearby to see one of my favorite jazz/funk artists, Trombone Shorty.  He played at the ball where we got engaged and I can't wait to see him perform again!  I'm also looking forward to a little quailty time with the fiance.  I don't get to see him during the week, usually, because of our work schedules. 
  • Options
    I'm exhausted - can barely keep my eyes open at my desk!  This week has been nutso.  I work 8 hours and then have to come home and work another 4...so I'm sooo ready for this weekend.

Tonight - nothing much except hanging out with Abby and FI...most likely grilling.  Then tomorrow brunch with a friend and hanging out with one of my BM's family in the evening - they haven't met Abby yet.  Sunday - AT&T National (golf tournament) during the day and same BM and another friend are coming over to watch this past week's Bachelorette...and FI will grill for us :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This weekend should be pretty quiet. We'll probably be out by the pool. Sunday is a graduation party, but I'd also like to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC with my father to see a painting that is on loan. Maybe this weekend? Maybe?

I knit on commission for people, and I have a few projects to finish as well for that. I also want to finish addressing the invitations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I want to go home. So I'm finding humorous gifs instead.

• Options
    I have to finish chargebacks by the end of today, but this is how I feel...

image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    I made an appointment for my first dress fitting (Mid-July).  I'm hoping to finish up invitation printing and addressing, though I wanted a couple other opinions on printing choices before I finalized them, and haven't been able to get together with friends lately.
    Non-wedding, we want to go see The Heat this weekend.  Picking up/dropping off dive gear to be tuned up...summer dive season is here.
  • Options
    Iz can be gif times nau?

Because I'm ready to party down like WHOA!!!

breakdancegoose

• Options
    It's 5:06. Cracked my Mikes at 4:58. No shame.

• Options
    Oh, ps, Oct 260 brides: 120 days.

Where's my towel??
  • Options
    shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Tomorrow we have an engagement party to go to.  I am a bridesmaid in that wedding next year.  I am hoping that there is good weather!

Good thing that happened:

not too much.  I got out of work early today.  It is not much but this NEVER happens at my job.  Plus we had two doctors buy us starbucks on different days this week which is a plus. :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I have an uck weekend. I am working an overnight tonight (10pm-8am, awake) so maybe I will get this long ass paper done. Tomorrow (today?) I will hopefully sleep a few hours, then head to FSIL's grad party and see my FIL (he lives in Milwaukee, we live in MSP so not a whole lot of face time). Sunday back to work.

This week I made a large to-do list for the wedding. Paid deposit on flowers (thanks mom!). Nothing else wedding related. My mom went to a family member's funeral- apparently they set up a family reunion for next year (very NOT my family) so I get to help my mom set up a Facebook :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards