Flowers

Does That Guy Get a Corsage?

AmsdragonflyAmsdragonfly member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2013 in Flowers
ETA: Accidentally wrote "corsage" instead of "boutonniere" in the title and can't edit it now- wrote it fast and now I can't edit it! :P

Here's a related question: what if they are not married? For instance, my FI's mother cheated on FI's dad years ago, and they divorced. Dad is now remarried. FI's mom has been single for years (talking 15+) and within the last year and a half got together with the guy she cheated on FI's dad with. He moved into her house. So, I get that FI's Dad, stepmom, and Mom get bouts & corsages, but what about the homewrecking boyfriend? It's already going to be awkward (they are NOT sitting together- separate tables)- I'm not sure what to do. 

Related note- do siblings get corsages/bouts? My brother is walking me down the aisle (I want to give him one) and FI's sister is not in the wedding at all, but would she get a corsage?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Does That Guy Get a Corsage?

• Here's a related question: what if they are not married? For instance, my FI's mother cheated on FI's dad years ago, and they divorced. Dad is now remarried. FI's mom has been single for years (talking 15+) and within the last year and a half got together with the guy she cheated on FI's dad with. He moved into her house. So, I get that FI's Dad, stepmom, and Mom get bouts & corsages, but what about the homewrecking boyfriend? It's already going to be awkward (they are NOT sitting together- separate tables)- I'm not sure what to do. 

Related note- do siblings get corsages/bouts? My brother is walking me down the aisle (I want to give him one) and FI's sister is not in the wedding at all, but would she get a corsage?
    1. It takes two to homewreck - FI's mom did as much damage as the boyfriend. If I were you, I wouldn't want the hill I die upon to be an $8 bout. Just get it for him - I think you're asking for drama by giving stepmom flowers, but not live-in boyfriend. Your wedding is not the time to be petty. 

2. I seriously hope you mean that FI's mom and FI's dad aren't sitting at the same table...not that you're going to separate couples. 

3. I'm getting my brother a boutonniere just because I'd like to - it's not really required, but it is a nice gesture.
  • @ PDKH- Yes, FI's mom and BF are sitting at a separate table than FI's dad and stepmom. 

Yes, I think I will get the BF a bout- that's a good point that it could stir trouble to not get him one- I just didn't want FI's dad to feel weird or bad. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I thought this was going to an offensive question about a transgender guest. Guys don't wear corsages......

• @daisey18- Ha- I realized I wrote "corsage" instead of "boutineer" after making the post, and I can't edit it now. I keep finding myself writing "corsage" instead and I don't know why. :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I understand. I don't see anything wrong with letting dad get a fancier bout -different flower, bigger, wrapped in a different color, etc.

Hopefully FI's dad can realize that you two are just doing it out of politeness and it has no meaning beyond that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards