Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

when is the best time to get pictures done in the winter???????

My wedding is in January. When I first picked the photographer, we talked about doing a reveal. My mom of course is not fan at all of the revel. She wants us to get pictures before hand. Fine. The only problem is we are getting married at 4. In January the sunset sets before 5. So when is the best time to get picture done??? I am a people pleaser so how can I make it work so I dont have to listen to my mom for the next 6 month.

Jamie

Re: when is the best time to get pictures done in the winter???????

• I meant my mom wants us to get pictures done after the ceremony.
  • If you want outdoor photos, it's not going to work if you wait until after your 4pm ceremony.  We had a December wedding and did a first look and took outdoor photos starting at 3pm.  By 4:30 we were done.  We got the first look photos, bridal party and immediate family photos done.  We were then able to enjoy the cocktail hour (the best part to me!) with our guests.

If we waited until after the cermony, it would've been pitch black and we would've only had indoor photos.  I am so glad we did a first look....it took some of the edge off of my nerves AND we got beautiful outdoor photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards