Second Weddings

siblings

Re: siblings

• She may still be dealing with the death of your late husband. As you state it's been a little over a year since he passed and some may have not had enough time to be okay with your moving on 

Have you healed from your loss?  You were with him for 8 years and would you have still been married had he not died or was it a troubled relationship?  

My xH was a widower who married too soon after his wife had passed (long story)- it was a lot to deal with but we worked through it. What ended the marriage was his cheating.  We were married for almost 10 years he started cheating a month after our 9 year anniversary and actually had her at his birthday golf game and cocktails (yeppers I met her...). Anyway that is done and over and I am married to a wonderful man who was my high school sweetheart. 

Be sure of yourself and where you are at in the healing process before you marry this man, dealing with the emotions that can surface after a loss is very tough. 
  • DD?  seriously?  Angie - what's the Cliff Notes version?  (Do those still exist?)  ~Donna
  • OP's Late husband passed just over a year ago and she's now newly engaged to a wonderful man. Her sister isn't on board with the idea and doesn't want to discuss her wedding.

After what I said apparently OP didn't want anyone else questioning her or giving their thoughts. 

Perhaps this was MUD?  IDK. 

But that was the gist of the OP's post - to answer your question Donna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards