African American Weddings
Options

Let's talk honeymoon!

I feel like we're getting down to the wire as far as booking a honeymoon because we still haven't done it yet and our wedding's in July.  I really want to take a once in a lifetime trip and go somewhere where we've never been.  Since we've been on a couple of cruises to the caribbean and it'll be hurricane season in July, that area is pretty much out.  I'm thinking south pacific, preferably Fiji since it's actually affordable.  Where are all of you going?

Re: Let's talk honeymoon!

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait... Fiji... affordable?! Are they having a sale or something? lol. I REALLY want to go there before dying and if it's affordable now, then I really wanna go!!!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im in your position. Im roughly 3 months out but I havent booked our honeymoon yet. At first we we were'nt going to do it but my parents are willing to help us with this so we're just waiting for a good deal on travelzoo.  With them the closer to the date you are the better the deals.  I wouldnt say use that method but its something we've discussed and are willing to do.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BY the way we've been wanting to go to Brazil, Belize, or Costa Rica.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I first looked into Belize but it's also on the caribbean so that wasn't an option.

Tyboyd - We haven't booked but I looked into this place called Crusoe's and it's one of the more affordable places to stay and it's pretty nice.  For flight, 7 night stay in a deluxe seaside bure (cottage) and the meal plan, it'll be about $4500 total for 2.  That's CHEAP for Fiji!  I really wanted to go to Bora Bora or somewhere in the Tahitian islands and stay in an overwater bungalow, but we're talking at the very least $10000 for places like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Paris for 7 days and then 3 days right after in Amsterdam visiting with my sister. So a total of 10-days. Can't wait! The first week of June can't come soon enough.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super sigh

i don't even know if we're going on a honeymoon at this point. I am so upset over it but trying not to let it get the best of me. We really wanted to go to Jamaica. We've set up a honeymoon registry but we'll see what the wind brings in.

Improper planning on someone else's part (clearly not mine) has us at this point right now. In addition to the fact that we still need to find an apartment for us it kind of trumps an awesome honeymoon!

I'll be amazed if we go someplace

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're tossing around 2 options. Either a cruise or a week in St. Thomas. However, we're not going until the end of this year probably. The goal is if we can get a sweet last minute cruise deal out of Baltimore, then we're set!! So, we'll see what happens.

After the wedding, we're going to go spend a few days in Kent Island. Its on the Md Eastern Shore and I love, love, love it there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:05e26868-1bc1-4ad4-bdc4-cc51091f0ec3Post:9f44d780-600b-4bd0-beb8-493cfbbc30e2">Re: Let's talk honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing <strong>Paris</strong> for 7 days and then 3 days right after in Amsterdam visiting with my sister. So a total of 10-days. Can't wait! The first week of June can't come soon enough.
    Posted by wheatney22[/QUOTE]

If I wasn't getting married the first week of June, I'd be rolling with you guys...lol. Just kidding, but your honeymoon sounds SO nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still debating if we will be able to afford one. FI was responsible for this part of the wedding and at 7 months out I have heard nothing. I am going to ask my grandma who has never done anything for me in my whole life except birth my father if she is willing to contribute. I need a honeymoon after this wedding some time to relax, relate and release so I am going to take it over if FI does not get his but in gear! But I want to go to the Dominican Republic or something like that would be awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:05e26868-1bc1-4ad4-bdc4-cc51091f0ec3Post:c14a2949-1eec-4ccb-8622-a4ec1659b58f">Re: Let's talk honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk honeymoon! : If I wasn't getting married the first week of June, I'd be rolling with you guys...lol. Just kidding, but your honeymoon sounds SO nice.
    Posted by lil01[/QUOTE]

LOL...girl, come along! The more the merrier :-). Plus FI wants to meet and hang out with more married couples.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:05e26868-1bc1-4ad4-bdc4-cc51091f0ec3Post:9f44d780-600b-4bd0-beb8-493cfbbc30e2">Re: Let's talk honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing Paris for 7 days and then 3 days right after in Amsterdam visiting with my sister. So a total of 10-days. Can't wait! The first week of June can't come soon enough.

<div>Nice!!! Paris is where I would love to go, FI wants to be in London so he can watch a live Chelsea (his favorite soccer team) game. We might do both - fingers crossed that this actually happens.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:05e26868-1bc1-4ad4-bdc4-cc51091f0ec3Post:6e3a4583-d5fc-48dd-b99b-e17ce96a3a75">Re: Let's talk honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk honeymoon! : Nice!!! Paris is where I would love to go, FI wants to be in London so he can watch a live Chelsea (his favorite soccer team) game. We might do both - fingers crossed that this actually happens.
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

Oooh...London and Paris is an awesome combo. Might be a little chilly in the fall but still, it'll be very romantic and you should be able to get a good price for the trip. Goodluck. Hope you're both able to go.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We just booked our honeymoon cruise last week - 7 days on Allure of the Seas leaving from FL going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin.  The dream honeymoon would've been something more exotic (like Japan or Australia) but this wedding budget is getting out of control and so we will just do a really big trip for our first year anniversary! 

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Paris!! Sounds awesome, always wanted to go.  Have a great time!!  We have decided to wait and do a big vacation for our one year anniersary.  But we did win an all inclusive trip to Cabo San Lucas, so we are probably going to use that this year, won't go right after the wedding though, need to accrue more vacation days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:05e26868-1bc1-4ad4-bdc4-cc51091f0ec3Post:9f44d780-600b-4bd0-beb8-493cfbbc30e2">Re: Let's talk honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing Paris for 7 days and then 3 days right after in Amsterdam visiting with my sister. So a total of 10-days. Can't wait! The first week of June can't come soon enough.

Oh Paris.  I was debating between that and going to a beach like location, and the beach won out.  Maybe we'll do that for an anniversary trip because I've always wanted to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking about going to Jamaica and we have not booked yet either. We will probably go a couple of weeks after the wedding.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are on the budget...at least for this year...so with that being said...we got a free trip to Honolulu for 2 days airplane and hotel paid for...so well take that trip and instead of coming back on the 2nd day we are going to fly to Maui and spend probably 4 or 5 days in Maui (we have a time share type of deal that allows us to book at different resort all over the US and one in Mexico , they have a few in Maui so we'll spend our points and save our money for our honeymoon...)  A good free trip (plus going to Aspen is also a honeymoon in itself, it is beautiful and romantic in the summe),

maybe in a few years if it ever get safe enough we can make a trip to Iran to visit his family over there...that would be nice. 
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we decided to do vegas. we are really excited! we are going to stay in a really nice timeshare
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    danielle0704danielle0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're hitting up riviera maya for a week!
    cannot WAIT to take full advantage of the "all-inclusive" perks.
    hahaha.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Belize for 8 days.  We're leaving 5 days after our wedding, so we have time to decompress, visit with family that stays longer and just unwind from the wedding.  We looked into Costa Rica first, but it is their rainy season and when it rains there it's like torrential rain where you can't even leave the hotel.

It's also the wetter season in Belize, but FI went to undergrad with a girl from Belize and she said it only rains there for like 15 min. a day during their rainy season.  So we're good to go...can't wait! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How are ya'll winning these trips?! Lol, fill me in.

We're probably gonna either do a cruise or find a good deal on cheapcaribbean.com.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards