Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Receptions

hey everybody... can you tell me where you have found inexpensive receptions? and what is considered inexpensive????

going through some issues.. and I am sooo stressed.... I am looking at possibly changing my reception.. but I am not sure how the suites work.. like at planet hollywood.. like how much they cost.. and all that???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Receptions

• Options
    Hey nursing. Our apex suite is $924 but I got quoted $355 for the panorama suite (20ppl). In suite catering is about $20 per head then booze and bartender etc. Where are you booked now?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    Vista suite at mandalay is usually best value for money per sq ft. How many guests will you have?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Stardust Suite at Orleans is probably one of the best values.   Can easily seat 60, has a lot more room and is generally in better shape than Vista, last I heard it was $4000 for a food and beverage minimum, since they have to cater it, but the room comes with the fee and I've heard the $4k goes a pretty reasonable way.  You can probably do Vista + Masterpiece + booze + a run to the store for ice, etc. and come out $1000 to $1500 cheaper but I feel like you get a much nicer room at Orleans.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

vegasgroom I have the orleans booked right now.. but we have had something come up.. and the 4500 (tax and all included).. is becoming an issue... soo I am looking at other options.. because this is stressing me out wayyyyy tooo much...

missmo we have around 25-30 people...

vegasgroom.. because we have 25-30 people.. I am having to choose soooo much food and stuff.. and I am STILL. not up to the 3500 food & bev min... I mean A LOTT OF FOOD!!!

soo I am looking at other options. unfortunately we would have to forfeit the 1000 deposit.. but I may just have to let that one go.. life happens

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nursing, are you looking only into in-suite receptions, or restaurants too?
  • Options
    restaurants too.. I just want a place everyone can get together and eat and drink and enjoy.. and then go DO VEGAS.. that is all..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally love the buffet route because the menu is broad. Wicked Spoon is $39 per person and beer/wine packages start at $25. For 30 people that's less than $2000 before tax and tip.

If you want platter dinner, I really liked Taqueria Cononita in Venitian. Good Mexican food and drinks and their "balcony" seating is by where the gondolas pass by. Our group went a couple of times when there for a bachelorette party. When I asked about group reservations, they had plates starting at $40-45. That would be $1350 for 30 but would need to factor drinks, tax and tip.

PJ Clarkes in Caesars is good too (only had their burgers). They have a private room and I think menus start around $40. That would be $1200 but again, would need to factor drinks.
  • Options
    Well there's always my go-to casual place Hussong's Cantina.  We paid $2249 total for 40 guests to have their "$25 menu option", two hours of premium call brand bar, tip and tax and had the entire back room to ourselves along with the free mariachi band that spent most of their time back in our area.

That menu included bottomless chips and two salsas, each guest had a choice of three tacos with steak, pork or chicken, or chicken enchiladas, or steak/pork/chicken burrito.  Then churros and fried ice cream for everyone.

We were there probably an hour longer than our two hour booking but they didn't seem to mind.  The drinks of course cut off at two hours but they didn't kick us out lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    nursing2u said:

vegasgroom I have the orleans booked right now.. but we have had something come up.. and the 4500 (tax and all included).. is becoming an issue... soo I am looking at other options.. because this is stressing me out wayyyyy tooo much...

missmo we have around 25-30 people...

vegasgroom.. because we have 25-30 people.. I am having to choose soooo much food and stuff.. and I am STILL. not up to the 3500 food & bev min... I mean A LOTT OF FOOD!!!

soo I am looking at other options. unfortunately we would have to forfeit the 1000 deposit.. but I may just have to let that one go.. life happens

Can you offer dinner and then a late night snack through their catering dept. to meet the $3500? Maybe fancier sliders and pizza? If you're staying the night can you do a light breakfast for guests who want to stop by?

I think Jay said we could do a few signature cocktails too when I looked into it.
  • Options
    I used Stripburger/El Segundo Sol and for 48 people with open bar (select options- we had beer, margs, jack and coke plus sodas etc), shared apps and a sandwich/entrée for each we spent just over 1,200 (including taxes and fees).  Of those 48 about 8 orders were from the kids menu. My group had heavy drinkers and not so heavy but we were only there for 2 hours then we went on the DDB tour and had TONS of drinks available (we let it be know by word of mouth there'd be lots of alcohol on the bus).

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    Le Village Buffet at the Paris Hotel charges $45++ per person for the buffet + open bar for two hours. You can have a private room if you want (Alsace is $350).

Maybe the price is similar at Planet Hollywood since it's a Caesar's property.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i pm'd you =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards