Wedding Invitations & Paper

Card stock too heavy for bi-fold programs?

I ordered some beautiful stationery supplies from Cards & Pockets, and ordered bulk 8.5x11 cad stock for DIY bi-fold ceremony programs.  I love the card stock, but it seems too thick to fold nicely into a bi-fold.  Has anyone else tried this or had a similar issue?  I can order text weight paper insead, but the cost of shipping a return order for what I already have is practically more than the card stock itself is worth.  Any advice?

Re: Card stock too heavy for bi-fold programs?

• Have you made a sample and tried to fold it? Could you redo your plan of a bi-fold and just make a single sheet program with info on the back and front?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to work at a FedEx Office and Print, you can take the already printed ones and have them "score" the programs. Its a machine that sends the cardstock through to fold but it is a very nice clean fold. If you don't have a FedEx Office trying looking for any print shop, call and ask if they can score them for you. Hope this helps!  :-)
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Their cardstock is near impossible to make a nice fold without scoring first. Like PP said - you can have a print shop do this... or if you have a paper cutter you can get a scoring blade and do it yourself. GL!
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought a nice paper cutter with scorer (from Michaels) to make my invitations and other paper goods.  I used the scorer to score the back of the program before folding it.  Until I did this, my folds were uneven no matter how hard I tried!
  • I second, third, fourth the scoring. I have a cheap paper cutter from Hobby Lobby that I got for like $6. It's by ProvoCraft and it's green and pink, it came with a cutting blade and a scoring blade. Or if you already have a cutter, just get yourself the scoring blade.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Avery 3378 textured half fold greeting cards come scored for easy folding and work great. Check the price because they come with envelopes making them more expensive than only paper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards