Not Engaged Yet

Just a bad week. -mini vent-

So this can really be summed up into this: FI and I where laid off within two days of each other. The wedding is 65 days away. I have no idea what we're going to do.
I'm so stressed right now.

Prayers and good vibes would be wonderful.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just a bad week. -mini vent-

• Oh no! *hugs* Major jobs vibes to you and your FI!

• Oh no! Vibes for you and your FI.
  • Lily, that sucks :( Sending hugs and prayers. Take good care of yourself and your FI, the rest will fall into place somehow.
  • That really sucks, Lily. I'm sorry :(

• Lily, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Sending big job vibes for you and your FI.
  • Lily, I'm so sorry to hear that :( sending you guys a big hug, I hope it all works out for you two.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • That really sucks I'm so sorry Lily.  I'm sure it will all work out for you.  Sending lots of hugs and job vibes your way.

Anniversary

• That sucks...  I was laid off last fall and I worried/stressed/went manic for a few weeks before I realized I would be okay no matter what.

Take time to "grieve" and process before jumping into anything.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I'm so sorry to hear that.  Keep your head up--it will all work out in the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sucks!  I'm so sorry that happened to you two.   Sending positive job thoughts to you both!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sorry :(  If you were both laid off you should be able to collect unemplyment right away.  Check out your state's website and get signed up.  I used it to help till I found another job here in Texas and it really helped to eliviate all that stress.  Good luck to you both!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm really sorry to hear this.  I imagine you guys must be really stressed.  My T&P are with you and your FI.

Try (and I know, from personal experience, how hard this is) to see this as an opportunity to move on to something better.  You never know what opportunities might be out there.

• Vintagelove4Vintagelove4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Thank you everyone. We have enough saved up for the wedding and enough saved up for rent next three months, so it could be a lot worse. I'm trying to figure out what to cut from the wedding though.

It's just when he came home and told me yesterday, I couldn't handle it.

@minskat30 I'll try to.
    doubleSS07 I think FI looked into that today, but I'll have to ask him.

edit: spelling
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So sorry Lily :-(.  Glad you guys have good heads on your shoulders and were prepared for emergencies.  I'm sure you will still have a beautiful wedding.
  • i'm so sorry to hear that Lily. i was laid off in February, so i know exactly how you're feeling. just try to stay calm, and if all you can do at any given point is breathe, then just breathe. things will get better, and you're going to have a wonderful wedding no matter what happens!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards