Wedding Invitations & Paper

Destination wedding & reception back home Save The Date/Invitation ?

Hello, My fiancé and I are getting married next April in Mexico with only about 20 friends and family. When we return we are having a reception back home in June,for about 150 people. My question is what do I do for save the dates and invitations with rsvps for the reception for everyone, especially those only invited to the reception, and has anyone seen versions on this? Please advise. Thanks, Brittany

Re: Destination wedding & reception back home Save The Date/Invitation ?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    bpaddack said:
    Hello, My fiancé and I are getting married next April in Mexico with only about 20 friends and family. When we return we are having a reception back home in June,for about 150 people. My question is what do I do for save the dates and invitations with rsvps for the reception for everyone, especially those only invited to the reception, and has anyone seen versions on this? Please advise. Thanks, Brittany

I don't think a Save the Date for an at home reception is appropriate. If you're only having 20 guests at your DW, you can just spread the news about the date via word of mouth...no save the dates necessary.

ETA: You also wanted wording for your at-home reception.

Brittany Ann Smith

and

Steven Thomas Johnson

exchanged marriage vows

on April 12, 2014

in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Please join us for a hometown reception to

celebrate our marriage

DATE

TIME

PLACE

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Mexico is a blood test not a full exam or anything...it's really NBD...but that freaks some people out. I wouldn't do it!
  • I remember those days CMG.  When I got married in 1980, I also had to have a pap smear to prove I had no STD's.  Guys did not have to produce the same.

In 1996 when I remarried, we both had to have blood tests and go thru an AIDS prevention class to get our marriage license.  Oh, how times have changed for the better.
  • A doctors exam is not needed but a blood test it performed at the resort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards