Honeymoon Discussions
Options

When should I start planning?

Hi ladies. So I'm a new bride-to-be and just really need some help!! My wedding date is September 6th, 2014. When's a good time to start planning our honeymoon? Am I already too behind?! 

Re: When should I start planning?

• Options
    It's never to early to start thinking about budget and where you'd like to go.  However, most airlines/hotels don't even publish their fares/rates/availability until at a year out at the most, so it's definitely too early to consider booking anything.

Keep an eye on the pricing trends though, it's not always cheapest to book as soon as you can.  Depending on the location you choose, sometimes you get better rates 10 months out, others may be better 2 months out...so just spend this time doing research and set some fare alerts on tripadvisor for any locations you are considering.
  • Options

I agree... it's never to early to start thinking about where and how much you want to spend.  Once you've locked in what you want to do, start keeping an eye out for deals/sales.  I'm a fan of the Kayak fare alerts.  Kayak shows airfare trends so you get an idea if prices are dropping or climbing.  You also get frequent (daily) e-mails with the fare for the city/dates you want. 

September is the "shoulder season" in most places, so you shouldn't have any issues with availability.  You will likely save some money as well!

• Options
    well, airfare isn't released until about 300 days before the flight so you can' t price that out yet but you can work on where, how, for how much, etc... as far as hotels and resorts

• Options
    We planned where we were going about a year before the honeymoon and did all the research on approximate prices for flights. We ended up booking the cruise about 9 months out and the flights about 6 months out.
    Vacation
  • Options
    thanks for all your help girls. I think I'm going to wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards