Moms and Maids
Options

Seriously don't want to be rude. How do I handle this?

So my grandmother offered to have her hair dresser do my hair, the BM's hair, and whoever else wanted hair done for the morning of the wedding. She was going to pay for it. Everyone was excited. I went for my hair trial with this hair dresser... and it turned out she has passed away. (so sad :-/ totally unexpected, and it was the day before fathers day =/ )

So I went to another hair trial today, and this woman was just awful. I looked like a poodle headed to prom. I talked to her about what i wanted to change and she didn't seem to understand why looking like a poodle is bad. 

Wedding is in 2 weeks. I just don't think that I want to devote any more time or money to this, so I've decided to do my own hair... but what do I do about my BM's? I offered to have a stylist there for them. Do I have to do this still? I feel like I do... three of them were excited about it, and one of them was like "thank God, because I don't know how to do my hair." (she's a tomboy type).

The only plan I've got right now is to put my tomboy BM is hot rollers that morning, and have my grandmother help her with it, and then just tell the others that they are on their own... but that just seems rude because I offered them something that they were excited about. One of them said she would just go to a salon herself and have it done. The other said she was happy to just do what she always does when she's doing her hair for a fancy occasion (both totally fine with me!) but i just feel like since this was something I offered them, it's rude to not do it.

Instead of a "bridesmaid luncheon" or whatever it's called (the meal you take your gals out for to say thank you) I've decided I'm going to cook for them, give them their gifts at my house, and then take them all out to a salon for pretty much whatever they want (within reason) so does that seem like it... compensates? I don't think so, because that was something I was going to do anyway =/

Suggestions?

Re: Seriously don't want to be rude. How do I handle this?

• Options
    You're probably more worried about this than they are. I think your new offer compensates for the original. I'd rather get my nails done than have the poodle lady do my hair : ) At two weeks out, you should stop worrying about it. 

• Options
    Good advice from Poppy.  Most young ladies know how to do their own hair and generally like how they do it themselves.  If you are really still focused on getting their hair done, see if there is an air bar in your area.  The prices tend to be a bit better because all they do is blow dry and style.
  • Options
    Yeah, I doubt they'll be upset. It's something you can all laugh about and say it was a bullet you dodged, thankfully!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm confused if everyone else read the post... a bullet?
    The poodle lady was just the second choice after the original hairdresser died.

I think it's super sweet that you still want to get their hair done but I think with these circumstances no one would think poorly of you. These are tragic circumstances. Assuming you are honest with your BMs I think anything you offer them will be very appreciated.
  • Options
    while it's nice you offered to cover hair, I'm sure your friends will understand the situation and that you were not happy with the alternatives services.  Talk to your friends and see what their suggestions are.  Maybe they know someone who can come in; or everyone will just chip in and help with each others hair.  I like getting my hair done, but would be totally cool doing my own too.   I would not want my friend to pay for a bad service either!  People can decide at this point if they will do their own, or have someone else do it. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Did you let the BM know the original hairdresser passed? As a BM, I would totally understand your situation and why you wouldn't want to go with the poodle stylist. 
    If you didn't want to do the girls day at the salon, you could just offer to cover their chosen stylist for the wedding day. Give them a price range that you'd like to stay in, if you feel comfortable doing so. They could go do their trial on their own at whatever stylist they like, and you would just pay for the Day Of styling. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards