July 2013 Weddings
Options

Last minute bail out- how to handle?

Hi Ladies! The wedding day is fast approaching- this Saturday, July 6th! We already turned in our final headcount/payment to the venue last week.

A friend of mine from college texted me on Saturday indicating that she didn't think she could come anymore because she was looking at flights and can't afford them. Although I was thinking in my head 'of course the flights are expensive now, it is less than a week before you are planning on travelling,' I found some other options for her that were much more reasonably priced- Amtrak, Bolt Bus, driving and meeting up with friends halfway for the rest of the trip. She has a hotel room booked, so I don't know what she is going to do about that. She hasn't really jumped on any of the other options, so my gut feeling is that she isn't coming. 

I know it is pretty limited in what I can say. I really just need to know if she is going to come or not at this point. I was really looking forward to seeing her and having a mini reunion with all of my college friends. I am also irked that she RSVP'd yes and I already paid for her and she is bailing out now. We sent out the STD's 8 months ago since it was a holiday weekend- she had plenty of time to book a flight or figure out other travel plans. She booked a hotel room, it wasn't like she had no interest at all. 

Sorry for the vent. I really just don't know how to handle it without coming off as annoyed or irritated. Continuing the text messaging doesn't sound proper enough, but I am worried that my annoyance will be noticeable over the phone. I need to know by today so I can rearrange some seating before I drop off everything at the venue tomorrow. 

Re: Last minute bail out- how to handle?

• Options
    Is there a way to just save her seat and leave to her if she is coming since you have already paid for her? I think she knows your probably irritated but this should not be one of the things you have to worry about 4 days before your wedding.
  • Options

That's a bummer!  Just take a break from this for a bit and distract yourself so that you can relax some.  Then give her a call when your head is more clear and you're a bit more calm. It sounds to me like she's definitely not coming, but isn't being direct to avoid hurting your feelings.  Call and tell her that you need a firm answer so that you can plan on seating.  Good luck!  Sorry you have to deal with this added stress so soon before the wedding!

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies! These are the things I can't control so it's no use in getting worked up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards