Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday questions

Because I'm at work and bored out of my skull, and probably some of you are too!

1. What career have you always wanted to try?
  2. What do you like on your pizza?
  3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?
  4. Do you practice any supersititions?
  5. What sitcom character can you most identify with?
  6. Quick, make three wishes!
  7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?
  8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?
  9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse?
  10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?
  11. What should you be doing right now?
  12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?

Re: Tuesday questions

• Options
      I should have been a meteorologist. I would have done it, too, if my family hadn't spent my whole childhood making fun of me.
      I love bacon cheeseburger pizza - mozzarella and cheddar cheese, browned hamburger, pickles, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes.
      Not answering this one openly, but someone pissed me off ROYALLY last night. I usually don't stay mad for more than about 10 minutes, I'm 13.5 hours into full-on rage right now. She can fall off the planet.
    4. Do you practice any superstitions?
      I burned all the clothing I wore the day I broke my arm. Does that count?
      I don't watch enough sitcoms and I don't see it, but my mom says I'm Leonard.
      I wish I had a Ph.D. I wish I had a stable job. I wish I had a better apartment.
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?
      World peace because I am an incurable idealist.
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?
      Thank God it's Thursday for me.
      Um, I truly have no idea. I will have to ask other people about that and update.
      Celebrity crushes come and go and SO's fine with it. He knows I have no chance anyway.
      Parsing my data from the last week of runs.
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?
      Yarn.
  • Options
      Photography
      either onions and sausage, or chicken and green peppers. Depends on my mood.
      I can think of a certain someone that I despise for very good reasons...
      I didnt eat at Auntie Anne's Pretzels for 12 years because when I was 11 i ate there, and they day after I had appendicitis and my appendix ended up bursting...that was in 1999 and I finally ate an Auntie Anne's pretzel in 2011.
      Penny from BBT
      Okay I just did...but I'm not telling them or else they wont come true!
      Peace.
      "ohhhh this hair is a fright..."
      "
      REALLY?!" and "What was that?" cuz i never seem to hear people very well.
      Leonardo DiCaprio is my celebrity husband. My SO thinks I'm ridiculous and jokes around about it.
      Finishing my notes at work...decided to take a quick break.
      Going out to eat, alcohol, and froyo.
    Anniversary

• Options

I just got here and I'm already bored!

1. What career have you always wanted to try?  I think I'd actually like to try being a college professor.
    2. What do you like on your pizza?  I usually like my pizza plain or with pepperoni.
    3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?  Everyone in my office...so that I could go home :)
    4. Do you practice any superstitions?  Hmm...no, I guess I don't.
    5. What sitcom character can you most identify with?  This is a hard one!  Probably Rachel from Friends...although I do have a little Monica in me too.
    6. Quick, make three wishes!  1-I just found out my good friend's cousin has leukemia and isn't doing well.  She has a daughter around 2 or 3 y/o.  I wish she would get better.  2-I wish I could move back to NY like...yesterday.  3-I wish my wedding would plan and pay for itself.
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?  I guess world peace...
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?  That I need to hit the gym a little harder.
    9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse?  Probably "awesome."  It's becoming the word I use when I don't care or don't know what else to say, which means I'm using it way too much.
    10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?  Ryan Gosling.  He's FI's man crush so he really doesn't mind!
    11. What should you be doing right now?  Working.  Specifically, answering my e-mails and voicemails.
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?  Probably eating out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I’ve always wanted to be a teacher or gymnastics/competitive cheerleading coach (which I may do someday on the side)

1. What do you like on your pizza?

I will usually eat anything on my pizza minus pineapple or bacon.

1. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?

I don’t really wish that for anyone but maybe some insects could be destroyed forever…that would be nice. There are just way too many of them.

1. Do you practice any supersititions?

Hah! Well…I used to be crazy before competitions and do the same thing throughout the day right before I performed but since I don’t compete anymore, I don’t practice superstition at all.

1. What sitcom character can you most identify with?

I don’t really watch many sitcoms so I don’t know.

1. Quick, make three wishes!

1.       Apartment clean yourself

2.       Apartment pack yourself in exactly one month

3.       And…wedding and honeymoon be here now

1. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?And...World Peace.
    2. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?

I look tired.

1. What is a word or phrase that you overuse?

“Y’all”

1. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?

Luke Bryan, he accepts my crush on Luke Bryan and actually buys his concert tickets for us.

1. What should you be doing right now?

Leaving for my lunch break to go run errands

1. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?

Gifts and currently Wedding expenses

ETA: format

• Options

none really

1. What do you like on your pizza?

mushrooms and olives

1. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?

no comment

1. Do you practice any supersititions?

Mostly theater ones, like no whistling backstage, and not saying the name of the Scottish play

1. What sitcom character can you most identify with?

if any Rachel in Friends

1. Quick, make three wishes!

a new job, my friend finds her lost cat, & happiness

1. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?

world peace

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?

I need to get some color in me I look pale

1. What is a word or phrase that you overuse?

I'm tired

1. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?

Ryan Gosling, he doesn't care. He finds it amusing

1. What should you be doing right now?

working obviously

1. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?

the wedding and the house

Anniversary

• Options

What career have you always wanted to try? Marine Biologist

What do you like on your pizza? Ummm I like a good pesto and tomato pizza.

Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now? Um, no one really.

Do you practice any supersititions? I touch the outside of an airplane before I board it.

What sitcom character can you most identify with? No one really

Quick, make three wishes! I wish I had unlimited money, I wish I had a gorgeous, huge condo on the beach in Mexico, I wish I was model-thin and stayed that way.

If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick? Domination

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought? God I'm getting old.

What is a word or phrase that you overuse? "like"

Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that? Bradley Cooper, bf said I can use a "free pass" with him if I ever get a chance.

What should you be doing right now? Working

What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses? House stuff. Buying give gallons of primer tonight woot! Oh and booze.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    1. What career have you always wanted to try?  Psychologist or psychiatrist, but that requires a lot of time and school.
    2. What do you like on your pizza?  Roasted garlic, artichokes, spinach, pine nuts, goat cheese, and roasted red pepper, OMG NOM, now I'm hungry.
    3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?  My exH for many, many reasons.  Or Paula Deen.  I'm just bloody sick of hearing about something she said 20  years ago.  
    4. Do you practice any supersititions?  Not really.  Maybe making a wish on an eyelash.
    5. What sitcom character can you most identify with?  I have no idea.  Grace Adler from 'Will & Grace' maybe?
    6. Quick, make three wishes!  1-I hope Q3 is as successful as Q1 & 2 were.  2-I hope H gets a promotion and a raise for all of the hard work he's been doing that's gone largely unregcognized.  3-That we have great weather for the 4th on Thursday.
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?  World Peace!  I'm not qualified to dominate anything.  
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?  Shock as I keep forgetting that I chopped off about 5" of hair on Saturday.  Oh, and, keep getting your fat self to the gym!
    9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse?  "This does not suck."  I say it often.  
    10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?  Daniel Craig.  H thinks it's funny and tells me when he turns up on TV so I can come see him and drool.  He'll say, "Do you need a moment?  I can go upstairs so you can drag it on the carpet..."
    11. What should you be doing right now?  Ha!  Not this...
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?  Stuff for the kids, travel, dining out, electronics, gifts, entertaining.  We're actually considering a social membership to a club for use of the pool and tennis courts (we are not golfers) so we may have some money going to that soon.  We'll see.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    1. What career have you always wanted to try? Veterinarian
    2. What do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni (extra when Sak is around) and black olives.
    3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now? My coworker. He's seriously the most miserable fuck to ever walk the planet. 
    4. Do you practice any superstitions? None that I can think of. 
    5. What sitcom character can you most identify with? I'll have to get back to you.
    6. Quick, make three wishes! Ok, done.
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick? Peace, homie.
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought? IS THAT A FUCKING PIMPLE?!
    9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse? Fuck
    10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that? I have a few but I'll go with Bradley Cooper. H doesn't care. 
    11. What should you be doing right now? Eating. OMG I'm so hungry. 
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses? Alcohol

• Options
    Two notes:

I'm loving the superstitions you guys have.  @PeaseBlossom55: I'd never heard those before!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who spends $$ on booze.  I'm a total wine-o and H loves Captain Morgan Private Stock.  Oops.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Paleontology or Archaeology 
    I don't discriminate. DH only likes pepperoni so that is pretty much all we ever get though. 
    Oh so many people. . . if I had to pick just one it would be my boss. I hate him pretty consistently.
    4. Do you practice any superstitions?
    DH and I have taken to high-fiving in sets of 3 for each Blackhawks goal during playoffs. 
    Sheldon from TBBT.
    I wish I was done with grad school, I wish I wasn't sick, I wish we owned a house in Colorado.
    World peace. I have no desire to run this place. 
    Ugh. 
    I don't think I have one. 
    Matt Bomer and/or Aaron Rogers . . . DH gets it in both cases. 
    Lab work of some sort. But I am too tired to think. 
    Not sure what counts as basic living expenses, but I spend a lot of money on food (grocery store and eating out). I don't spend money on much else. 
  • Options
    @radleyboo there are a bunch of fun theater superstitions, some I follow most I don't know.

Anniversary

• Options
    1. What career have you always wanted to try? Actress or performer of some sort. I don't even have to be Angelina Jolie; being a Disney princess at kids' birthday parties would even be fun for me.
    2. What do you like on your pizza? Plain cheese. Occasionally veggies and sausage if it's in the budget.
    3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now? At the moment I am content with my fellow earthlings.
    4. Do you practice any supersititions? I do not.
    5. What sitcom character can you most identify with? Penny from Big Bang Theory. Being with BF is like having a hybrid of Leonard and Sheldon in my life at all times.
    6. Quick, make three wishes! 1 - that I do well in my next clinical rotation, 2 - that the financial aid gods at my school will be benevolent to me in the coming semesters, 3 - that BF and I get a chance to go away for a few days in August
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick? Peace, like the rest of NEY. I am disappointed, I thought we were more power-hungry and ambitious than this, ladies! :P
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought? "And THAT'S where the wrinkles are starting."
    9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse? "Awesome sauce" and "lame sauce." They're so descriptive!
    10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that? Old Spice man. BF is amused and teases me about it constantly.
    11. What should you be doing right now? Studying of curse.
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses? *Sigh* Fast food. And saving up for vacation in August. I have my priorities straight, no?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    1. What career have you always wanted to try? I wanted to be a veterinarian but I let childhood me convince myself that it would be too hard to put an animal to sleep. As an adult I realize now that you are rescuing them from further pain and suffering and that it's still ok to be sad about it.
    2. What do you like on your pizza? Ham and mushroom, or ham and pineapple, or just pineapple.
    3. Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now? Gov. Rick Perry
    4. Do you practice any supersititions? Nothing that comes to mind immediately.
    5. What sitcom character can you most identify with? I don't watch TV so I have no idea.
    6. Quick, make three wishes! I wish I had Friday off. I wish I had more money and less debt. I wish I could afford the shower I want to throw for my sister and not the one my budget allows.
    7. If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick? They kind of seem to go hand in hand. World peace probably won't exist without some form of overall world domination or worldwide rule of law.
    8. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought? Looking skinnier, yay!
    9. What is a word or phrase that you overuse? Ya know. It's a bad habit and I've been called out on it before so I'm working on breaking it.
    10. Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that? Nobody in particular but usually he just teases me and acts mock upset if I say a celebrity is attractive.
    11. What should you be doing right now? Working blaaahhhh.
    12. What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses? Clothing and home decor. Stuff for the puppy.

• Options
    What career have you always wanted to try?
    ActressWhat do you like on your pizza?
    pepperoni, ham, sausage... any meat basicallyWho do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?
    no one, luckilyDo you practice any supersititions?
    not religiously. Occasionally I will try to avoid cracks in the sidewalk. I tend to go around ladders if I can. Stuff like that.What sitcom character can you most identify with?
    Monica Gellar BingQuick, make three wishes!
    That Toby's test come back negative and all he has is a tweaked leg.
    That I get pregnant sometime woon.
    That I am always as blessed as I am today.If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?
    PeaceWhen you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?
    God, do I look tired.What is a word or phrase that you overuse?
    I know, right?Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?
    Clint Dempsey. He thinks I'm nuts.What should you be doing right now?
    Working. Sorting through emails that came in while I was on vacation.What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?
    Shoes and travelling
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @amapola14 I picked world domination! If you knew me IRL though, I'm probably too laid back for that, but I feel deep down I have a bitchy bossy person in me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80, shame on me for missing that! Haha glad someone sensible will be running the world :)
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
      Copy editor
      I love margherita pizza (big slices of mozzarella, basil)
      Seconding @Imhollister: Rick Perry
      Baseball related ones. Once I convinced a friend to go back into the kitchen and keep cooking dinner because when he got up to cook dinner, we scored a bunch of runs.
      Surprisingly, Leslie Knope (minus the manic "always getting work done" part)
      I wish for all the money; no more health problems; and my PhD!
      World peace. I can't be trusted to run the world efficiently.
      New primer didn't make me break out, yay!
      Starting sentences with, "So ..."
      I have a List. My partner thinks it's amusing.
      I was supposed to be at work today, but I feel like shit and everyone's on vacation anyway.
      Going out to lunch with friends at work.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

What career have you always wanted to try?
    Private Investigator, but that could be due to all the Sue Griffen alphabet books I've been reading lately.

What do you like on your pizza?

If its stuffed/Chicago style it needs to be loaded with Spinach, extra tomatoes, garlic, and mushrooms

Otherwise, I've been obsessed with Buffalo Chicken thin crust lately.

Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now?

My ex-H (although he actually might have)

Do you practice any supersititions?

If I see a clock hit 11:11 I always make a wish

What sitcom character can you most identify with?

Robin from HIMYM

Quick, make three wishes!

I wish that my vacation didn't end on Friday,  I wish that FI and I will compromise on a house to buy in the next year, and I wish that I'm KU before February.

If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick?

I want to rule the world.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?

Good thing I'm on vacation and none of my customers will see this

What is a word or phrase that you overuse?
    Like.  I'm too old to use it as much as I do.

Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that?

Ryan Reynolds.  FI has his own, so there are no hard feelings.

What should you be doing right now?

Absolutely nothing.  My ass is sitting on my couch enjoying my staycation.   I might wonder to barre class this afternoon if I feel motivated to get off the couch.

What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses?
    Clothes or socializing at the bar.  I like to shop and I like to drink with my friends.  My bank account would like me more if I didn't like those as much.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Nursing, Forensic Anthropology, or Forensic Psychology

I like pretty much anything but my favorite is mushroom, green pepper, onion, and roasted red pepper. Veggie pizzas are my favorite!

Hmm...no one this morning. I'm in a good mood - everyone can stay on the planet :)

Nope

That's a tough one. Maybe Juliet from Psych - I don't know if that counts as a sitcom?

I wish I was done with grad school.
    I wish I had an awesome teaching at a college that doesn't focus on research.
    I wish I didn't have to worry about money at all

I'm going to say world domination where I would create world peace.

I actually look pretty good today

I don't know. I'm sure if I asked BF he could tell me though.

David Tennant - BF gets it.

Nothing. I don't have anything I have to do today.

I mostly spend money on groceries. I don't have a lot of room in my budget for much else...I haven't gone shopping in forever (but that's also because I'm trying to lose weight and don't want to buy new clothes that hopefully won't fit in a year)

• Options
    @bethsmiles, forensic psych is fascinating! If you decide to join me in nursing school someday we could even do forensic nursing and have the best of both worlds. That is something I'm considering if I decide to go to grad school.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - I watched David Tennant as the Doctor. Made it a lot harder to see him as Barty Crouch, Jr. ...
  • Options
    @Amapola14 - I still have days where I consider dropping all the comm stuff and back to school to do something different. I've already decided that if I get my PhD it won't be in comm. I love it and I love teaching but my classes are getting boring. I don't feel like I'm learning anything or being challenged which sucks. I really miss my science-y anthropology classes (that was my minor in undergrad)

• Options
    @bethsmiles - I watched David Tennant as the Doctor. Made it a lot harder to see him as Barty Crouch, Jr. ...
    I LOVE him. My love started with him as the Doctor but I think he was brilliant as Barty Crouch Jr. I also love him in The Decoy Bride - if you haven't seen it go watch it! I don't usually like romantic comedies but I loved it :)

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Mmmm ... David Tennant ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I hear ya, @bethsmiles. I did English and Psych the first time through college and loved it, but could not see myself being engaged in it through grad school and beyond. It is a challenge combining a love of words with other interests, that's for sure.
  • Options
    @Amapola14 - I think if I could I'd just keep going back to school for different things :) I changed my major like 6 times in undergrad!

• Options
    Professional students FTW!
  • Options
    Because I'm at work and bored out of my skull, and probably some of you are too!

What career have you always wanted to try? I really want to be a math teacher. I also find psychology (especially that of serial offenders) fascinating. I'm drawn to shows like Criminal Minds and a lot of times I'm thinking about how the family of the "bad guy" feels. Ya know, do you feel guilty if your son or daughter does something horrible? Are you mad? Sad? Etc. so I guess that's some social work in me too.

What do you like on your pizza? Cheese. Or pineapple. Also love marguerita pizza. And jersey pizza. And bagels. I need a jersey fix (I'm hoping to go up in aug for a wedding!!)

Who do you wish would just fall off the planet right now? My anxiety? That's not a person though. Also whoever stole our recycle bin. Who does that?!

Do you practice any supersititions? Not really but sometimes if I change the channel and my team scores, I watch the other channel lol. Fail as a sports fan.

What sitcom character can you most identify with? Topanga on Boy Meets World lol. I'm always trying to fix stuff I really have no business fixing.

Quick, make three wishes! I wish I got the job I interviewed for yesterday, I wish I am better from this sickness, I wish my anxiety is easy to treat with some therapy.

If you had to choose between world domination and world peace, which would you pick? World peace. I'm not a leader lol

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought? What did I do to my hair?! Lol I had it randomly braided from last night. It looked very six years old.

What is a word or phrase that you overuse? Haha, lol, awesome, imagine, faaaancy...many others

Who is your celebrity crush? How does your SO feel about that? I'm kinda in love with Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds. Since he's not real, FI is okay with it.

What should you be doing right now? Hanging out with FI. Maybe dessert.

What do you spend the majority of your money on, other than basic living expenses? Right now? Medical bills. And food. Food is expensive, guys
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @Blue & White, my mom LOVES Spencer. He is super-sweet, but I'm super into Morgan. There's something for everyone on Criminal Minds, lol.
  • Options
    I'm late, but I'm playing anyway.

Something with animals - I wanted to be a horse trainer growing up, but I would also love to be a marine biologist and play with dolphins and penguins. 
    Hamburger, green peppers, mushrooms, & onions.
    My ex-bf and his fat, ugly, old wife.
    I work in sports, so there are lots of superstitions. In baseball, you NEVER talk about a no-hitter and you NEVER say "wow, this game is going fast"; the basketball coach at my old job always gave everyone a double fist pound before tip off, in the same order;  I NEVER write the headline & first paragraph of my game recap before the game is over, even if it's clear that we're going to win or lose; there are probably more. 
    Robin from HIMYM or Jess from New Girl.
    DONE!
    World peace.  
    What do you even DO in your sleep? (I have EPIC bedhead.) 
    Fuck. 
    Ryan Gosling. BF gets it. 
    Looking at other websites to try to figure out how we can fix ours. 
    Food. For us & for the pets. 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards