Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite Spacing

I'm finalizing my invitations to send at the beginning of September, since I know it will take me FOREVER to put them all together and to address them all.  I've designed all the parts (total of 4) and am stumped on a tiny little detail that I am hoping you will be able to help me with.

It's important to my fiance's parents to be included on the invite, but my parents are very traditional and will be "hosting" it.  I'm happy to make everyone happy with the invites, but I can not decide on what spacing for the "son of" line looks best. (The poor quality is due to the fact I whited out identifying info and scanned the document.)

What do you think?

Option 1 (with "son of" flying solo)? 

Or Option 2 (with "son of" combined with the date/other details)?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Invite Spacing

• Options
    I think I like the first one.  It kinda breaks up the date/time details with the top part of the invite.  Although, I think the spacing you have is quite large.  I would make the space a tiny bit smaller, OR can you put some sort of flourish graphic in there to fill the space? 
  • Options
    I prefer option 1.

The one change I'd make is that you don't need "in the afternoon" after "half past five o'clock."  People know that weddings don't take place at 5am so it's redundant.
  • Options
  • Options

Thanks!  I took your advice and decreased the space between the two and it looks much better.  This is why it helps to ask people, for some reason it didn't even cross my mind to do that!

Thanks also for the feedback about the time of the wedding.  I guess I was also missing the "Mr." before my fiance's name... so many details!

• Options
    I don't love the "son of" line either but it means a lot to them and it doesn't bother me enough to make a fuss. My parents aren't hosting 100% (my FI and I are paying about 40%, my parents are paying 40% and his parents are paying about 10%... With the other 10% coming from a generous advance wedding gift from my brother). I like to think it's a very modern traditional way to go about things :)

My parents are old fashioned so it meant a lot for them to host, so we are making them happy and his parents happy with the wording.

Also, thanks for the tip on the time! I actually just read that tonight as I'm nitpicking over each line now... I love the traditional feel of the invites, but there is so much to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards