Wedding Invitations & Paper

Not invitations, not announcements...HELP!

We are getting married in the Dominican Republic and only a few of our close friends are coming to the wedding.  Our family members want to contribute to our trip, but I'm not sure of a proper announcement to list the web address for contributions???  I don't need invitations, since none of them are coming, and I don't need to have announcements since I've read they are supposed to be done after the fact.  HELP!

Re: Not invitations, not announcements...HELP!

• We are getting married in the Dominican Republic and only a few of our close friends are coming to the wedding.  Our family members want to contribute to our trip, but I'm not sure of a proper announcement to list the web address for contributions???  I don't need invitations, since none of them are coming, and I don't need to have announcements since I've read they are supposed to be done after the fact.  HELP!

Please don't do this. It's incredibly tacky to solicit funds from people for your wedding. If people want to help (as you say they do) they will just offer to write you a check. You don't need to go announcing and seeking money from people. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• If people want to help with your trip, they'll just write you a check and send it to you.
  • That's exactly what I thought too.  It seems tacky to me, but my fiancé thinks his family HAS to have something mailed to them???
  • That's exactly what I thought too.  It seems tacky to me, but my fiancé thinks his family HAS to have something mailed to them???

Then you spread your wedding details by word of mouth. They can just write you a check.

After your ceremony, you can send announcements.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    That's exactly what I thought too.  It seems tacky to me, but my fiancé thinks his family HAS to have something mailed to them???

Send them an announcement after the wedding. If they want to send you a gift, then they can. You shouldn't be relying on the money up front anyways to fund your vacation/wedding.
  • THANKS!  I will show all these comments to the fiancé and show him I'm not the only one who thought that was tacky!!  I like the idea of announcements after the fact.  I honestly don't want anyone to feel obligated to send us anything.  My parents have both passed away, so I don't expect anything from my side of the family, this was mostly for HIS benefit :)  NIXED :)
  • Yay! Good luck with the rest of your planning. Feel free to run any other ideas by us.

And you're totally right - no one is ever obligated to get you a gift.
  • I'm so relieved!  Thank you for not being a crazy. Stick around. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards