Honeymoon Discussions

Puerto Vallarta

Has anyone been to the Occidental Grand Vallarta? I am starting to get nervous because our hm is in less than a month and I cannot get in touch with the hotel! All the national calls redirect me to the international number, which my phone won't let me dial for some reason. I booked this through a living social deal, so I REALLY want to confirm it and make sure everything was booked correctly!

On another note, I would like to hear some reviews if any of you have been! Thanks!

Re: Puerto Vallarta

• Oh, and also, I would like to find out about excursions in PV, which are better and whatnot.
  • Can you try calling it from a different number? I would see if you can try calling from someone else's phone or do something like that. Also a lot of the resorts have email addresses or contact information, maybe they can get in contact that way?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/occidentalgrandnuevovallarta
    That is their facebook page I believe.

Phone1-800-858-2258 and 01 (322) 226 9800 for outside the USA
    Emailoqtc.gnv@mx.occidentalhotels.com
    reservas2.gnv@mx.occidentalhotels.com

• Thank you guys for all the help! I contacted Living Social, who was able to contact the hotel. They emailed me my confirmation! 

Laura, thanks for all the tips! I will definitely try the snapper! Any recommended restaurants? My dad actually collects backgammon boards and has gotten them all over the world, usually in small towns. I want to try to find someone who is selling one!

Also, do you know if local areas take travelers' checks? I don't really want to walk around with a lot of cash in an unknown place.
  • Thank you so much!! Our resort is all-inclusive but we want to try some local restaurants as well. 
    I heard there is somewhere in town where you can get a $12 massage. Do you know anything about that? 
  • For excursions check out the Los Veranos canopy tour. Super fun zip lines, and the last one lands you in a tequila bar right on the river :-)
    Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur

• Thanks everyone!!
    I jotted down all your tips, Laura, since we won't have internet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards