July 2013 Weddings

Bridezilla moment

I think I'm getting another moment. Frustrated with my two twin FSIL. I didn't ask for much. Not make up or specific shoes or even an exact specific hair do. All I asked was for them to have up dos. Now all of a sudden they can't do that because they are getting full weaves. Wtf. Now they don't have a way out here to where they are co hosting the bridal shower. So am I suppose to drive 2 hours to go and get them. Why haven't they talked to other bridesmaids and express they need a ride? Ugh! I shouldn't have to babysit these young women. Or any of my bridesmaid. Ugh!

Anyone else maybe turning into a bridezilla?

Re: Bridezilla moment

• I think it's okay to go "bridezilla" it's JULY!!!! I felt myself being one this past Saturday at my bridal shower. Seriously, we don't have no time to waste or to be playing around. We're getting married....SOON!!! :)
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I totally understand! You should not be expected to work out the issues they are having.. you are the bride! They need to figure out a ride through ANYONE but you! You tell them those weaves are GOING UP!!! LOL ok maybe that would be harsh, but they should just do what you nicely requested. I couldnt even get my bridesmaids to get dresses until this past week! Cool huh? UGHHH. I am trying not to blow up on anyone! 
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • MrsH86 said:

I totally understand! You should not be expected to work out the issues they are having.. you are the bride! They need to figure out a ride through ANYONE but you! You tell them those weaves are GOING UP!!! LOL ok maybe that would be harsh, but they should just do what you nicely requested. I couldnt even get my bridesmaids to get dresses until this past week! Cool huh? UGHHH. I am trying not to blow up on anyone! 

I mean I know they can tell their hair dresser that they need up do and the weave can be put up. People do it all the time. They just want to do what they want to do. Ugh! And getting dresses this weekend is crazy. I would have to yell at someone for that, if it were me. I just hate how inconsiderate people can be.
  • MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Exactly! A hairdresser can always find a way to give them an updo! So they need to just do it! It will look pretty!! Dont they know that?! .... And yes, originally I had asked for them to wear grey or silver dresses, and I said any shade, length or style! I was trying to be really easy about that. My younger sister and my sister-in-law both got theirs right away. But the rest of my bridesmaids? NOPE. They claimed they couldnt find any in that shade. Even though I found tons of them! And get this.. my older sister got a white lace dress and planned to 'dye' it grey. YEAHHHHH. That was very interesting! So I decided to tell them all to forget it and asked them to just get grey, blue or purple... any shade... whatever they could find. I guess thats what I get for trying to be nice and let them pick their own. Oh well! My wedding dress is blush pink! :)
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013

@pam I agree - one of the unfortunate revelations of planning such a big party and accompanying string of wedding-related events is how inconsiderate people really are - even those who you thought were your closest friends & supporters.

I'm not trying to whine and I totally get that the day is not going to be as important to anyone else, but I have had similar woes with my bridal party and I am thankful we only have 10 days left because frankly if we had any longer, I'd probably be throwing a few out! :)

• UGH!!! So irritating! I'll yell at them for you! Hahaha. It's just annoying when you try to make someone else happy on YOUR day by giving them a ton of leeway and somehow they still aren't happy until it's completely their way. I can relate. I asked my girls to have updos, one said she can't have an updo.. Why? I have NO idea. One of my girls ordered her dress a size small, it still doesn't fit. She said she could hve someone hem a dress she has that's the same color... Made me nervous so I just bought a dress in her size. As far as I know, only one of my girls has shoes and I said they can chose any color any style. The list goes on. I just tell myself that everything will work out and don't stress. Plus like someone else said, if you have some bridezilla moments so what? It's July! Lol
  • Oh my gosh, my bridezilla moment was DELIGHTFUL, and completely non-wedding related really... more honeymoon related, haha! 

My mail order pharmacy sent me the wrong kind of birth control - one that I've tried before and had a reeeeeally bad reaction to, and was almost hospitalized for. (Not kidding... it was bad. FI was scared out of his mind.) I'm not even on BC for no-baby reasons. I'm on it for the hormone control that I needed after they took out my thyroid due to follicular cancer. So when I opened the package and saw this stuff I know darn well my body doesn't tolerate, I freaked out, and called both the doctor and the pharmacy and went Zilla Kung Fu Panda on them.

My other, much more light hearted Zilla Moment was when I first started talking to florists and one of them told me "You simply cannot get ranunculus in July." (my favorite flower ever.) and I looked at him and flatly said 'That's what Holland is for. Call them, and have them send a boat. We will figure out finances later." He looked slightly disturbed at my flippancy, lol! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards