June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Day Recap!

OK June Brides, lets here all about the big day!  Was it everything you ever imagined!? 

How long were you Engaged?
Wedding Date:
Your Dress:
Wedding Colors:
Where did you get married?
What did you walk down the aisle to?
Did you do a first look?
What was your favorite part of the day?
What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)?
Any Surprises?
Any regrets?
What was your First Dance song?
Anything different now that you are married?
Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon?
Where?
What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding?

Add any questions you want to!!

Anniversary

Re: Wedding Day Recap!

• Options
    How long were you Engaged? 10 months

Wedding Date: June 7th

Your Dress: Casablanca 2072

Wedding Colors: shades of Purple

Where did you get married? Catta Verdera Country Club in Lincoln, CA

What did you walk down the aisle to? Marry Me from Train

Did you do a first look? Nope!

What was your favorite part of the day? Too many to pick-- 1) definitely seeing my fiance/husband at the end of the aisle.  2) my flower girl & ring bearer were just too cute--my nephew got a little scared half way down the aisle so he just turned around and sat down--but then he just got back up a few seconds later and kept going.  and my flower girl was so excited she ran back up the aisle to do it again--totally made me laugh and relax all at the same time! 3) Taking a moment to step back and take everything in--and seeing all the people who came to celebrate and seeing how happy everyone was.

What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? seeing my dad--he kept making me cry!
    Any Surprises? My bridesmaids arranged a flash mob as part of their toast and about half of our guests joined in!  My dad kept our dance song a surprise, so I was happy to hear it was "Little Girl" from Tim McGraw
    Any regrets? NOPE
    What was your First Dance song? "Your Everything" from Keith Urban
    Anything different now that you are married? NOPE; other than saying my husband!
    Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon? Yes, but not until September
    Where?Kauai
    What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? House Hunting!

Anniversary
  • Options

18 months... a year and a half
    Wedding Date:

Your Dress:

Allure 8908 but I modified the neckline to be a sweetheart
    Wedding Colors:

Teal and Tans

Ellis Ranch Event Center, Loveland, CO

Canon in D played by my brother on the guitar
    Did you do a first look?

Yes and I loved it. I actually made the photographer stop taking pictures of me and the girls because I was just ready to see him already!

The first look was definitely one of my favorite moments. I also liked when my dad went with me on the carriage ride before the ceremony. The day went so fast it's hard to think of a time when I was like whoa, this is so awesome. :) Everything was great.

My dad has a seizure disorder... right after the ceremony he had a seizure and I was really worried about him. We actually almost had to cancel the father-daughter dance because he was so sick. But, by the grace of God he got better faster than I have ever seen him before and he made it for the dance. I was very relieved and excited he could be there.
    Any Surprises?

No, surprisingly. We are big jokesters so I pretty much expected one but there wasn't.
    Any regrets?

Not calling the non-rsvp people. We had about 25-35 people that had RSVP'd say they couldn't come within the last week before the wedding. Then there were probably another 25 that didn't show or RSVP. So, we ended up paying for about 50 more people than was necessary. I felt bad about that.

One Woman by Randy Rogers Band

No. Except that we went back to life before wedding planning which has been nice.

Yes. We left for Costa Rica the next day. It was an AWESOME trip!! I highly recommend it to anyone.
    Where?

Arenal Volcano and Guanacaste Beach in Costa Rica.

Focusing on coaching my rodeo queen program. Also, planning for my new classroom that I will be getting in to this month.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OK June Brides, lets here all about the big day!  Was it everything you ever imagined!? 

How long were you Engaged? 1.5 years

Wedding Date: 6/8/2013

Your Dress: A gorgeous custom creation by my MIL

Wedding Colors: Mainly Douglas and MacKay tartan colors with accents of Regency purple and daffodil yellow

Where did you get married? Scottish Rite Temple of KC

What did you walk down the aisle to? Bagpipes

Did you do a first look? Yes (SO glad!)

What was your favorite part of the day? All of it

What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? My mother storming out at the end of the night when things didn't go the way she wanted

Any Surprises? We got photobombed by plastic penguins, it was AWESOME :)

Any regrets? The best man and oldest BIL had planned a lovely toast and it got missed.  I would have liked everyone to have heard it.  The ended up doing it just for those who stayed to the very end but it was so nice I really wish everyone could have heard it.

What was your First Dance song? Bei Mir Bist Du Schon by the Andrews Sisters

Anything different now that you are married? Nope

Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon? We did a mini-moon right after the wedding.  The honeymoon will happen next summer.

Where? Mini-moon: North/South Dakota (visiting family and having fun); Honeymoon: Scotland :)

What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? Back to regular life and glad to have some down time.  Soon I'll start planning our honeymoon.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    one year & three weeks

Wedding Date:
    June 8th, 2013

Your Dress:
    Maggie Sottero, Lena

Wedding Colors:
    Blush pink, black, champagne, with hints of red

The Victorian in Santa Monica, CA

"When You Wish Upon a Star" -acoustic guitar

Did you do a first look?
    Yep! So much fun, got some amazing shots.

All of it! I was surprisingly calm and "in the moment" all day... I enjoyed every second!

Got a little anxious right before the ceremony.

Any Surprises?
    A girlfriend of mine text me right before the ceremony telling me that she wasn't coming to the wedding. Was disappointed but just decided to put it out of my head and have a great day.

Any regrets?
    Not one!

"The Power of Love" -a slow, jazz version performed by our band (special request)

Not really. Just back to normal life, and work, and calling him my husband! :)

We took a 2-day mini-moon to Disneyland right after our wedding, but we're planning a real full length trip in the fall.

Where?
    Maui and Kauai

Working! And looking for a bigger place to move into :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    How long were you Engaged? 18 months

Wedding Date: June 1, 2013

Your Dress: A tulle skirt, drop waist ballgown. It was an exclusive deign from the boutique I bought it from 

Wedding Colors: Purple and Orange

Where did you get married? On the shore line of Seneca Lake, the largest of the Finger Lakes in the NY wine region. Also, where H and I live. 

What did you walk down the aisle to? Vitamin String Quartet's version of Can't Help Falling in Love With You

Did you do a first look? Nope. H wanted to see me for the first time coming down the aisle

What was your favorite part of the day? The ceremony, definitely. I wish it was longer. We had 116 people there but it felt like just H and I when we were looking at each other 

What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? My bridezilla meltdown over the phone with my baker about her not bringing our grooms cake and getting mad when she basically told me too bad. I was ready to drive the two miles to her baker and pummel her.

Any Surprises? Not really, it all went smooth and wonderfully

Any regrets? Not having more time for photos. I wanted a smidge more time for wedding party photos and I felt rushed and like we didn't get enough with just H and I. 

What was your First Dance song? Better Together by Jack Johnson

Anything different now that you are married? Not really. Our love feels different, stronger, better. But for the most part nothing changed.

Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon? We did.  

Where? We flew to San Francisco, did a few days there, then drove through the Redwoods, Crater Lake, Portland, Mt Rainier, then did a few days in Seattle before flying home.

What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? Good question, haha! Trying to find a new job mostly. I'm tired of mine. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How long were you Engaged?: 15 months
    Wedding Date: 6/8/13
    Your Dress: Bonnie Bridal
    Wedding Colors: Chocolate, Tangerine and Lime
    Where did you get married?: Groveland Fariways
    What did you walk down the aisle to?: I'll Walk With You by Straight No Chaser
    Did you do a first look?: No
    What was your favorite part of the day?: All of it!
    What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)?: Not sobbing when my dad had the DJ play butterfly kisses as a surprise. He was crying and it was just an emotional moment for us both.
    Any Surprises?: We had sheep show up from a neighbor's yard. My ring bearer was trying to feed them and we got a few pictures with them before they tried to eat DH's bout.
    Any regrets?: I'm bummed I forgot my personalized hanger at home. 
    What was your First Dance song?: Then by Brad Paisley
    Anything different now that you are married?: Not really
    Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon?: We didn't take one, we're trying to plan out a 1 year anniversary trip though.
    Where?: 
    What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding?: Working on fixing up our house and making it ours.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How long were you Engaged? 22 months.
    Wedding Date: June 22.
    Your Dress: Ivory swiss dot tulle with beaded lace appliques.  
    Wedding Colors: Peacock blue, ivory, platinum, and blush pink.
    Where did you get married? Just outside of Pittsburgh at an outdoor venue.
    What did you walk down the aisle to? "Tupelo Honey" by Van Morrison.
    Did you do a first look? No.
    What was your favorite part of the day? If I had to pinpoint one moment, it was during our ceremony when our officiant had us turn out to face the guests and take a moment to see everyone who took the time to come to our wedding. But really, all of it. The whole thing went so well, despite it being really hot that day.
    What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? The heat, the hair salon messing up my bridesmaids' appt. times, my sisters whining a bunch, and the surprise gnats that showed up at dinner.
    Any Surprises? Nope.
    Any regrets? None!!
    What was your First Dance song? "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin.
    Anything different now that you are married? Nope, we just have more jewelry.
    Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon? Yes.
    Where? Puerto Rico...it was fantastic.
    What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? Reading, making fancy dinners, relaxing, and enjoying the fact that I have spending money again.

• Options
    vineheart137vineheart137 member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    How long were you Engaged? One year exactly.

Wedding Date: June 9.

Your Dress: Ivory lace over a champagne underlay with cap sleeves. (David's Bridal Style 9T9612)

Wedding Colors: Pinks, purples, and champagne.

Where did you get married? Our church in High Springs, FL. Reception was at a banquet hall a block away.

What did you walk down the aisle to? Pachelbel's Canon in D. We had a string trio.

Did you do a first look? Nope, I mentioned it once and DH wouldn't even consider it.

What was your favorite part of the day? When I walked into the church, I looked right at my hubby-to-be and the moment he saw me he started fighting back tears. I was too far back to hear, but apparently he also said "Wow" loud enough for the first couple of rows to hear him!

What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? I was going to say nothing, but then I remembered getting my hair done. It took a long time and it was so hard to sit still!

Any Surprises? We were not planning to go on a honeymoon, we just didn't think we could afford it, and just planned to go to our new apartment after the wedding. Our wedding party got together behind our backs and not only booked us a bed and breakfast for the wedding night, but 5 days at a hotel in Bonita Springs, FL! My parents chipped in as well, and gave a card with spending money for the trip. It was amazing!

Any regrets? NONE!!!

What was your First Dance song? Earth Angel, from the movie Back To The Future.

Anything different now that you are married? We didn't live together before we got married so it's nice waking up by his side every day, and being able to have dinner ready when he gets home from work (I'm a teacher so no work for me right now!)

Did you/Will you go on a Honeymoon? We went the week after the wedding!

Where? We spent a wonderful five days and four nights in Bonita Springs, FL, five minutes away from the beach. And hubby surprised me on the last day (Friday) by taking me to Islands of Adventure before we went home (we only live 30 minutes away from the park)! I had been wanting to go ever since they opened the Wizarding World of Harry Potter but couldn't justify swinging the nearly $100-per-person ticket price*geek moment*.

What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? Enjoying my summer off, decorating our new home, and having fun being married!

(Edited to make it easier to read!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options

What was your First Dance song? Earth Angel, from the movie Back To The Future.   

This is awesome! Our song is from Back to the Future too! The band did a special jazz version of Huey Lewis and the News, The Power of Love. It was fantastic!!! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    We were introduced to Power of Love!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mrsbeemrsbee member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

How long were you Engaged?  16 months

Wedding Date: 6/29/13

Your Dress: Allure 8850 in ivory/light gold

Wedding Colors: Light pink, burgundy, beige, and ivory

Where did you get married? Birmingham, Michigan

What did you walk down the aisle to? String quartet version of "Till There Was You"

Did you do a first look? Nope

What was your favorite part of the day? Sitting down to dinner with my husband, not because of the food, but because I was finally able to relax instead of trying to make things happen.

What was the worst/hardest part of the day (if any)? Overheating in my dress and trying to entertain the videographers and photographers while there was nothing for them to shoot since the girls were already ready and the guys refused to get ready early.

Any Surprises? We wanted to rent plants for the venue, but the company never got back to us. On that day, they just showed up and delivered them, and they were GORGEOUS. They didn't charge us since we never agreed to anything in advance.

Any regrets? Tons. I regret not having a reception dress since I got so hot and spent so much time in the suite in front of the fan. I regret letting my MUA come at 9am, way before pictures. I regret getting nails done the day before when I had a million other things to do. I regret having our ceremony indoors because it didn't rain like they said it would. I regret getting a new phone the week before and losing my old phone the weekend of the wedding. I regret inviting cousins we don't know instead of many of our friends. I regret getting my hair done at the salon instead of having somebody with me at the venue.

What was your First Dance song? I Will by Blue Rodeo

Anything different now that you are married? Everything is different because we've only lived together for a month and a half, and neither of us has ever lived with anybody. I'm 39 and he's 37, so we're pretty set in our ways.

Will you go on a Honeymoon? We leave for Vegas next week.

What are you doing now that you are not planning a wedding? I've already gotten all but 2 thank you notes done, and I posted all of the stuff I have for sale. Once we get back from the honeymoon, I'm hoping to focus on getting healthy while we wait for DH's green card so he can work again. Then, it's house-hunting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards