Registry and Gift Forum

Midwest registery-Iowa

Hello all! Looking to register for things here soon and curious as to some people's suggestions. Currently live in Iowa. I have access to Target, Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond. As well as walmart, pottery barn, younkers, dillards etc.
I'm personally partial to target because they have reasonably priced things and people have access to them. However, I personally have never had a good experience with them when shopping for other people because of the difference of items from store to store.

I should also add I want to keep it tiny because we would of course prefer $ for a house as we have lived together for 2 years and have most things.

Suggestions?  Thanks so much!

Re: Midwest registery-Iowa

• Target registries have had a bad reputation for a while- a lot of complaints about returns, discontinued items, items not getting removed from the registry when they're purchased, that sort of thing.  (The store to store difference can also be an issue.)

I think BB&B makes for a pretty good all-purpose registry, and would probably have all the sorts of things you would want to put on a smaller registry.  I don't have much experience with any of the other places you listed.

• jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

Jdunk2008 said:

Hello all! Looking to register for things here soon and curious as to some people's suggestions. Currently live in Iowa. I have access to Target, Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond. As well as walmart, pottery barn, younkers, dillards etc.
    I'm personally partial to target because they have reasonably priced things and people have access to them. However, I personally have never had a good experience with them when shopping for other people because of the difference of items from store to store.

I should also add I want to keep it tiny because we would of course prefer $ for a house as we have lived together for 2 years and have most things.

That's too bad about Target...FI and I plan to register there and I've never been aware of any issues, even when I've purchased from their registries.

BB&B is one of our other choices (Crate and Barrel is the third but they don't have many stores so we're doing that one all online)...their registry service is great and like PP said, they have EVERYTHING.

I haven't had good experience purchasing from Walmart registries. Sometimes their cashiers don't ring up the item(s) in such a way that they're taken off the list. On at least one occasion, Mom and I went to a baby shower where we'd purchased the same WM registry gift as another guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at BB&B, Kohl's, and Target.  So far it seems like the Kohl's process (both in store and online) has been the best...plus, they also give rewards after your wedding of 10% of what was purchased from your registry!
  • Jdunk2008 said:

I had a bad experience with target maybe 5 yrs ago, so I didn't go with them. We registered at bbb and younkers (originally from IA and knew my great grandma could only make it to younkers). I really liked their registry and would recommend it. They had great sales around my shower time and also after, when I completed our registry. If you want to encourage cash gifts by a small registry I would just stick to one place though.

• I had a friend that had a bad experience with Target.  I'd stay clear.  We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Pottery Barn without issue.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards