New Jersey

need help with an affordable wedding

hi everyone my fiance and i are trying to plan our wedding and every venue we go see or come across are very expensive does anyone know of a place in central nj where a decent amount of things are included for under 20,000 were hoping to have a winter wedding sometime in feb so the venue would have to be inside..thanks for any help in advance ;)

Re: need help with an affordable wedding

• Look at some shore venues in Long Branch, Spring Lake, etc. Feb will be an "off" time for them and you should be able to score a nice discount. Good luck!
  • nikole712nikole712 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    Also, if you're open to a Sunday wedding, it will definitely cost less than a Saturday or even a Friday wedding in some venues.
  • i know a lot of brides are even looking into thursdays for weddings, so that may help, too! also, DIY everything! get creative + forget fresh flowers. a florist bill can end up being one of your most expensive things.
  • Thanks everyone..great tips and we are going to go with a friday wedding..  @ liatris2010 we have about 200 people coming and we want to spend 100pp or less

• I'm getting married at the Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick, and I definitely think you can keep it under that price.  Especially in the winter!! It is a beautiful venue!!

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Try the Somerville Elks on Route 28 in Bridgewater  It's surprisingly lovely.  Food packages start at $19.99 pp Dessert & alcohol are extra but very reasonable. 
  • I'm a Lake Valhalla Bride and we are having a wedding with 150 for about $20,000 in October.

Lake Mohawk Country Club was also very affordable.  They don't adjust price based on season, its flat rate which is nice.  We are at about $21k for LVC but if we chose Lake Mohawk it would have been $14k which included open bar and a cake.  So you do get a lot of bang for your buck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards