Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Newly Engaged, Church and Brunch Venue Advice Needed :)

Good Morning Ladies,
My fiance and I would like to have a brunch reception for about 150 guests in New Orleans. Can anyone suggest any good venues that aren't too expensive? We are also looking for a catholic church that is within a reasonable price range. We love Our Lady of the Rosary, but we just moved here so we're not a member of the church and $1,200+ is way out of our price range. Thank you in advance!

Amanda

Re: Newly Engaged, Church and Brunch Venue Advice Needed :)

• Options
    Good luck finding a Catholic Church that isn't too expensive.  They are a racket around here.  I'm getting married at St. Patrick's and it's $1900.  That's not even close to the most expensive churches around here.  You could try St. Dominic's in Lakeview or St. Joseph's in Gretna.  Both are beautiful and may be a little less expensive (like $1000), but it will be hard to find a church much cheaper than that.  

As for brunch you could try Broussards or maybe you could rent out the Peristyle in City Park on a cool day and have brunch catered.  

Good luck and happy planning. 
  • Options
    St. Mary's Assumption is beautiful :) 
  • Options
    ampenickampenick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I am getting married at St. Theresa of Avila on Erato St., which is only $300.  The priest is willing to do the ceremony, too, even though we don't go to church there so since you just moved here, that might be a good thing.

Our Lady of Guadelupe on N. Rampart St. is only $400.  I hear the priest over there, Fr. Tony, is awesome to work with too.

Both are really beautiful New Orleans-y churches, and you really can't beat the price since everywhere else is like $1000+.
  • Options
    @Ampenick I'm also getting married at St. Theresa of Avila! Such a beautiful hidden church! Our lady of Guadalupe is also awesome but my date wasn't available.

acarlyiu09 you should go look at St. Theresa of Avila one day, the door is usually open. It is beautiful! Goodluck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies! You guys have been a huge help, I will definatley check out St. Theresa of Avila and our lady of Guadelupe. Good luck with your wedding planning as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards