July 2013 Weddings

Bachelorette party cancelled

I'm not gonna cry, but my bachelorette party was cancelled and only 6 people showed up to my bridal shower two weeks ago. It's sad. I don't have dependable "friends". I do everything and come to every party I am invited to for them but I don't get the same in return. NO one, but almost all my bridal party was going to come, so I cancelled it. No sense in having a party with no one there. I will not be embarrassed again. Tonight a few of the bridesmaids will get together and help me put together the fan programs. FI bachelor party was great. Every one of his friends were there. Just makes me so sad. Btw, we were suppose to have a passion party but every one of us is broke and then out for drinks and karaoke. The karaoke place has cancelled karaoke for today.

Re: Bachelorette party cancelled

• I'm sorry lady! Sending hugs your way. Have a great time tonight and enjoy the time spent with your BM's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry you went through that. Some people just dont get it.
  • I am so sorry to hear that :(  I hope you can have a good time with your ladies tonight.  
  • At least your bridesmaids are great friends? I'm sorry it got cancelled, I hope you had a fun time with your girls at home!
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Shame on those so-called friends...
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Hey lady! I am so sorry and just want to share so you know you are not alone - and that this is about how other people act - NOT a reflection on how loved and worthy you are!

Bridal shower: my two aunts hosted mine, and all the ladies of the family showed up. Only ONE friend of the list I invited showed. Every single one of them flaked. Well, except the one who showed up TWO HOURS late, without having taken a shower, I'm pretty sure still drunk from the night before. She ran out of time to buy me a gift so gave me a target gift card. And this is one of my best, longest friends...

Bach party: another friend who can't attend my wedding graciously offered to put one together for me, since my Vegas one got canceled for various flaky reasons. Well I get an email from her that basically 90 percent of the girls on the list I gave her declined or never returned any of her calls. She said sent me an email that said "LOL your friends are flaky and cheap."

So yeah, tomorrow I am going wine tasting with just four other girls and I'm going to enjoy it for what it is and move on.

My feelings are really hurt between these two events as well, but it's just a testament to how people behave around commitment and celebration that isn't directly focused on them. Like you, I attend everything I am invited to and try to never flake out on things - it just is what it is :( Keep your head up!

• OMG....so I didn't want to post!!! @pam8787 but my bridal shower last weekend, went horribly wrong too. My mom invited 30 guest and only 12 showed up!!!! (Including me) I was so bummed about it. Like seriously I wanted to cry and I felt really bad for my mom because she had spent so much money on food, venue, decorations, etc.. NOW....tomorrow is my bachelorette party and honestly idgaf if no one comes. I know my bridal party will most definitely be in the building but for those who my matron of honor invited, I could care less and i will appreciate those who come and those who want. With a week away....IDC!!! Don't feel sad. It's not about them, so don't make it about them. It's about you. ( I think I just got mad all over again!!!!) LOL
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry. That is SUCH a bummer. My friends are very, very similar. I have about 3 great, dependable friends.... and everyone else (while I love them) are SUCH flakes. I don't think people realize just how hurtful it is.

My Maid of Honor (and other bridesmaids) put a LOT of planning and work into my Bachelorette & 'Shower'... and only 6 girls showed up in total. Yes, they were 6 lovely girls... and I still had a good time.. But it made me a bit sad that so few of my other friends could take time out of their schedules to make appearances. I KNOW that it's about "quality of friends over quantity".... but I am like you; I would almost rather not have a party at all than have one with hardly anyone there.
  • I'm so sorry this happened to you!! 
    I had a pretty good turnout at my bridal shower, but my "best" friends have also been not the greatest... I hope it gets better for you!
  • MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I know how you feel. No one offered to throw me a shower. My bachelorette party was super short and awkward because everyone left early. I cant ever get ahold of my sister (matron of honor). It's annoying. I have helped everyone with their wedding showers, baby showers, weddings... but when its my turn, no one cares! LOL I just try to think about how happy I am to marry the love of my life and forget about all the crap! 
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards