Flowers

Blue dipped Sunflowers!

I'm getting married January 18th and I LOVE! sunflowers. I am hoping to be able to incorporate them into my icy blue wedding colors. Has anyone ever seen blue dipped sunflowers or yellow sunflowers at a winter wedding?

Re: Blue dipped Sunflowers!

• Please do not dip or dye them blue.  They would look odd and completely fake.  They will in no way look natrual and will look like you dyed them.

For your weddings you are during a winter blue color scheme?  If so, sunflowers just do not fit in with that color scheme.  I understand you love sunflowers but you shouldn't force them into your wedding when they really just won't go.

Why not use some hydrangeas and delphinium.  They provide great blue color, both light and dark blue.

• Sunflowers are the opposite of a winter flower so they will look strange, regardless of if you dip them or not.
  • jcrmcjcrmc member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Maybe look for glass sunflowers to accent things? I agree that blue dipped would look odd, and sunflowers at a winter wedding would look off too, but there other ways to incorporate them :) Cut out sunflower-esque paper snowflakes from pearlized cardstock?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Never seen anyone do this before. Good luck! Hope it all turns out well.
  • No why not add ribbon?

• Ass PP said, I would not dye them either- is there a way you can incorporate them into your color scheme of blue? What about blue with yellow highlights? They would fit then, but if you are doing a winter themed wedding they would not go together at all (sunflower = sunshine, not winter). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't seen this done. It's an interesting idea. Maybe talk to the florist and see what he or she thinks about whether or not it can be done. If not, what about blue daisies? They can come in different shades of blue and have a similar look to sunflowers. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with having sunflowers in a winter wedding. However, since they'll be out of season you'll probably end up paying a fortune. :(
  • diiferent

ToriJo87 said:
    I haven't seen this done. It's an interesting idea. Maybe talk to the florist and see what he or she thinks about whether or not it can be done. If not, what about blue daisies? They can come in different shades of blue and have a similar look to sunflowers. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with having sunflowers in a winter wedding. However, since they'll be out of season you'll probably end up paying a fortune. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards