African American Weddings

Wedding day Recap and honeymoon (PIP Thank God for Social media) Very Long

On to the wedding...

My wedding date was June 15...
Where do i start.........The two weeks leading up to the day was crazy.. i still had a few pay offs, and needed to organize a ton of stuff. i must say that God works in mysterious ways.. I cried and was so stressed out... Even the day before i was still running around picking up stuff for my husband, and i still hadn't had my nails done, every shop was packed.... So i finally got in one and the girl was doing my acryllic wrong.. it was too think i hated it.. i just cried at the shop... From there i had to practice dancing with my dad and still go and run around before the rehearsal at 6. I still needed to get my dress, that my mom picked up for me, thank God, and then clean up my house since one of my bms was staying cus she was from Cols.. Anyways, it was 5:30 and i had just gotten home and had to change for rehearsal.. I made it to the church at 6:30, was stuck in traffic, etc... anyways, but i made it.. and i was the last one to arrive. LOL.. SMH.. rehearsal went well and it was about an hour.. from there we went to the rehearsal dinner that was held at the Q arena (we are cavs season ticket holders, so we just got a room there and they had everything catered and set up nicely.. food was good, there was pasta, salad, fruit and cheese and chicken and veggies and we had assorted desserts.. from there we went to our suite and there was a female football team playing.. well lingerie team so we watched that a bit where there was more food in there, pizza and wings.. and drinks... the guys really enjoyed this portion.. me and mom and my brother left there at 11.. we had to go let me my friend in the apt and then pick up my stuff so brother could drop us off at the hotel... I was sooo tired i passed out within seconds..  oh yea did i mention that my cycle started on Wed...:-(

ON the wedding day.. me and mom woke up at 5 to make it to the hair dresser by 6. I was sooo tired and i wasn't even really awoke forreal..luckily i just had to get my hair curled bc the previous day i got my hair washed.. anyways, i slept while mom got her hair washed then i hoped in the chair for my curls.. i slept then, LOL.. during the course of her curling my hair 2 of 4 flower girls came to get their hair done.. so i was chatting with them... once i was finished with my hair me and one flower girl fell asleep on the couch.. LOL. I was such a sleepy bride.. me and mom was done by 8... my lady in waiting was calling and running around to get last min stuff.. we were also expecting the make up artist to meet us at the hotel at 9 for set up and make up application to begin at 10... ONce we arrive at hotel mom insisted on me eating i wasn't hungry i was just sleepy. LOL.. So as we was walking to get food, we ran in to make up artist i took her to the room and mom went and got food... i got in the bed to sleep..mom came back i ate 3 bites and got back in the bed for a 1.5 hour nap. I wasn't expected to get make up until 11 so i could get dress at 11:30 and leave by 12:30 because the ceremony started at 2pm... anyways, my bm slowly started to come some were late some still had to get make up.. the photographers arrived at 11:30 like they were suppose to but i still wasn't dressed.. and the party bus was expected to arrive at 12:30... the make up artist was a little slower then i planned but she did a phenomenal job.. once i was done with make up things started to hit me.. i had energy and i was ready to get married. i wasn't emotional or anything.. At 12:50 we left the hotel but i had to leave one girl behind because she still needed make up and we needed to get to the church bc the guys still needed to be picked up.. the bus driver had bad since of direction and we arrived at the church by 1:25.. which wasn't bad and we were only 15 min behind schdl.. i was cool...

anywho, we were all dressed by the time we left the hotel, etc.. so we didn't need to do anything at the church but chill and take pics.. at 1:50 the bus driver still hadn't gotten the guys.. Did i mention that the ceremony was expected to start at 2pm... and the guys were only 10 min away.. that guy had bad sense of direction... anyways, the guys arrived at 2:25.. and that's when everything began... i had 9 bm including MOH and there were 12 groomsmen.. DOn't ask.. LOL..

I walked down to i found love by bebe and cece.. i got emotional when i heard the music and one of his friends who was an usher was at the door crying which made me cry.. so i got it together and me and my dad walked down.. i couldn't see cam when i was walking down because we had a packed house.. but when i got down to the end of the aisle and saw him he was bawling.. i was like awwww.. he mouth the words to me "i love you" and i mouthed the same back to him... all i could do was smile... I was shocked that i didn't cry.... wait let me back up... i had 4 flower girls.. 1 rang the bell saying the bride is coming... two threw flowers and the last one walked up to cam and gave him a personal note from myself that said "i can not wait to see you" I love you Key... i think that took him over edge.. not to mention him nand his friends had shots.. LOl..

Ceremony was nice a quick.. we did sand, communion and jumping the broom.. afterwards we greeted only the guests who were not coming to the reception and then took a few alter pics,  and hoped on the bus with the BP.. we went to a few places for pics and then to the reception.. Everything was gorgeous.. and worked out perfectly.. we had sushi at cocktail hour, and other finger foods.. we had a grand stair case that everybody walked down as they was introduced... But.. my bf fell down the stairs i heard.. i couldn't see but i felt bad once i heard about it... we had a great entrance, and went straight into our first dance... then dinner ( which was soo good, it was stuffed chicken and salmon, asparagus and rice pilaf), speach and cake( 4 flavors red velvet, strawberry cassata, carrot cake and choc moose with marble).. etc.. it was a packed house about 260 ppl.. and then we had about 60 ppl at our part b reception that started at 9 pm.. we had photo booth and a old school candy buffet.. it was amazing and everything i dreamed of... Oh yea babe got me a pair of fushia christian Loubitin as a gift.. his pick.. he so sweet to meet.. I gave him a budouir shoot ( he loved it but wanted to know who took the pics.. LOl.

over all i had an amazing day and enjoyed everything.. it was hard entertaining everybody bc everybody wanted to take a pic etc.. so i found myself not spending much time with my husband. everytime we would get together someone would need us at seperate locations.. but we have the rest of our lives.. the coordinator (my mom friend, sucked) she pissed me off so bad... i practically did everything myself and it worked out smoothly but i wasn't happy with her.. other than that i was great.. that monday we left for Punta Cana in DR and that was a nice and relaxing well needed vacay.. now i'm back to life and back to reality but still floating on cloud 9 with my husband... ..All smiles this way...  

Oh yea ladies who are planning, i would say, ask your caterer to pack you a plate togo bc we were hungry we hardly got a chance to eat.... and also, get a videographer, and if you do not have to spend a ton of money on a cake don't.. initially we had a  5 tier cake that was $1000.. two weeks before i changed it to a 3 tier and 3 sheet cakes in the back and no one ever knew... :-)... We had a nice size cake stand that was rented and it all worked out well.. just FYI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding day Recap and honeymoon (PIP Thank God for Social media) Very Long

• CONGRATS KEY!! Everything looks sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful! Your reception venue is AMAZING!! You were a beautiful bride! AWWW I loved your idea of sending him a note RIGHT before the start of the ceremony! That was awesome! I am glad that your day was all that you dreamed of and more!! Play with you in that honeymoon Pic! Banging!

Case
  • KEY... CONGRATS... ok.. I have to say.. yes. the note handed to him.. .LOVED IT!!!!!..

you were a GORGEOUS BRIDE!!!! and the Pink shoes.. WHAT!!!! you know that's my color..lol..

I am sooo happy for both of you!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful recap Key!  Everything was fabulous! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Aww congrats Key... thats is such a cool rehersal dinner location, sorry about the cycle, im glad that you were able to squeeze in those cat naps, sorry about the horrible driver.. im glad you were only 15 minutes away.. but dang sorry the guys were late.. wow you had a large bridal party but thats cool.. the more the merrier..lol.. I love the moment that you and the mister had at the aisle.. i teared up thinking about it and I dont even know you guys..lol awesome honeymoon location and I LOVED LOVED THE DRESS.. DIVA.. check you out with the red bottoms...

congrats to you and the HUSBAND

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Awwww everything was beautiful. Sorry to hear about the mishaps but I so happy to see that everything turned out just fine. U were a gorgeous bride. And I love love love the color (thats my color too!!!) Congrats to the Mrs. and Mr
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • MrsBad13MrsBad13 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Aww Keys...everything looked beautiful ! You were a beautiful bride !! I found love was my song too ! Love the venue and your dress was so pretty !! How cute you sent him a note. And yes hunny..those red bottoms is doing it hunny !! Congrats and welcome to the Mrs side !!
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    First off Congrtulations Mrs!!!!!!!!! On the cake tip I think you just saved me a ton of money. I was losing sleep about paying that much for a cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats girl! I enjoyed reading your recap. Your pictures are so beautiful!
  • Your reception setup was beautiful as were you.  Congrats on becoming a MRS.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Yo key! how you doing giiiirlll. You're super beautiful! i read all your updates, 20 people at your bach party and 100 at your bridal shower? DAAANG! what an awesome turn out!!! How many people were at your wedding? Congrats on becoming a mrs! i'm so happy for you!

ps, is it wrong if i laugh at the person that fell down the stairs? cause i'm ROLLING!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thank you thank you thank you ladies.. How have ya'll been???? @ Tash we had 260 at the wedding and then we had a part B list which started at 9pm and another 50 showed up for cocktails and dance.... And LOL.. i thnk a lot of ppl laughed. LOL.. SMH..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • keysmit Girl you looked Gorgeous....i loved your dress and you looked sooo happy that day...God bless you on your new journey as Mrs....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Congratulations MRS.! So glad your day went well! You looked so beautiful and let me just say that venue was everything!! Soooo..... Where did you guys end up staying in Punta Cana? My hubby is still teasing me about that long review I sent you...lol. Thanks for sharing your day with us and best wishes for a happy life together!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations on a beautiful day. Thanks for the tips and insight. It is best to spend the money on something that will stand the test of time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations beautiful story.
  • Im glad everything worked so well....you looked beautiful....congratulations and best wishes for you and mr!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Key you look gorgeous and I love your venue! where is it?
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Mrs. Griffin!!!!! you look amazing and the pics were gorgeous.   I see you in your glasses cool cat!  lol. Congratulations babe, everything looked beautiful!!

did you say something about a to-go plate? beeeecuzzzz, um, I never got mine.  :D
  • Your pictures are beautiful. I think I'm going to be doing as much sleeping as you talked about, seriously. When my anxiety is high I sleep. Lol. Congrats in your wedding.
  • Congrats Mrs!!!!!! Yall look great together!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Congratulations Mrs!!!! Welcome to the wives clubYou looked beautiful and the venue was breath taking! I'm glad all of your hard work paid off. 
    imageAnniversary
  • CONGRATS MRS!!!!!!!!!!! Everythign was Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVED your venue & dress!!! Glad that even with all the crazyness befoe everything turned out great!!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Key Key Boo!!!! I am overly happy for you!!! Congratulations Mrs...welcome to the other side!!!! I am so happy to see all of your hard work and dedication was well worth it!  You looked beautiful!!!  Yay!!! Reception=Gorgeous!  You=Gorgeous!  You & Hubby=Priceless & happy ever after!! Love ya!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Congrats dear. Welcome to the club. U were stunning and love the venue. How sweet hubby got U those CLs!!!! Gorgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards