July 2013 Weddings
Options

Only passed h'odeurvs

I was going to do only passed apps for my cocktail hour and not any stations bc they seem to get very messy. The apps will be passes continuously for the hour and heavily. There will also be a variety. Have you seen this before? I don't want it to look cheap.

Re: Only passed h'odeurvs

• Options
    I don't think it'll look cheap at all. Passed hor doerves are nice. People can continue to mingle and the food just comes to them!
  • Options
    agree ^ 
  • Options
    I agree.  I think it is a good idea.
  • Options
    We're having them passed around too during our cocktail hour! It'll be perfect!
  • Options
    me too. pass em to me!! lol
  • Options
    I don't think passed hors d'ouevres look cheap - I actually think it is pretty classy - but I am going to go against the grain a little bit and just say that I am not a huge fan. I am usually really hungry by the time cocktail hour/appetizer time rolls around and looking to have a drink and some good snacks. In my experience with passed apps, I am never really able to get enough. By the time the waiter/tray gets anywhere near me, it's empty, so I have to hunt down a waiter and snatch a bunch of things off the plate which makes me feel like a piggy. LOL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It depends, what time is your wedding? Some guests may expect a meal if it's around peak dinner time. My reception starts at 2:30, and we're serving a full buffet. That being said, I personally LOVE trying different little bites of things. The passed hors d'ouevres are always my favorite part of a wedding, food-wise. But others might not feel the same!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards