Maryland

Low-budget venue between DC and Baltimore?

I'm looking for a low-cost venue for both the ceremony and reception for 80-90 guests, and ideally I'd like food and drink to be included as part of the total venue price. I'm willing to go with a venue that requires separate catering if need be, however almost every catering website I visit doesn't include price info, so it's very difficult to figure out how to match up venue price with catering price when I haven't decided on either a venue or a caterer yet.

It has to be in DC or MD (we're a same-sex couple so VA is out), and we're on a tight budget -- around $15k for everything. I am a big fan of the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace but my fiancee is hoping we can find something closer to DC, where we live -- maybe between DC and Baltimore, or in the Frederick area.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have! :)

Re: Low-budget venue between DC and Baltimore?

• I replied to yor post on the Baltimore board
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The Comus Inn and the Inn at Brookeville Farms both come to mind. Both are in Montgomery County MD.
  • I am getting married at Milton Ridge - small venue with a cute little chapel and reception hall on-site. They also do their own catering. Price is pretty reasonable, especially for the area. It's in Clarksburg MD, so it's in Montgomery County, south of Frederick.
  • The Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore is GORGEOUS. Indoor gardens. Victorian era.
    $2000 for the whole day to rent it!

Also, great caterers around there are Kate and Lily's Kitchen. Mom owned catering business that is healthy AND affordable!

Most affordable and best photographer is www.Bubblesandblowfish.com

I understand wedding on a budget! That was us!
    At least the photog gave us a payment plan and it was only $1300 for our whole wedding and engagement. She is same sex friendly as I saw some photos on her website.
  • Have you thought about Martins West? We will be having our ceremony and reception there. After taxes and everything it comes to $83 per person but we decided on alot of extra stuff. Here is our menu:

Cocktail hour: Cheese Display, Fruit Display, champagne bar, crab dip station and 2 butler passed hors d oeuvres

Dinner: Buffet Style ( buffet and sit down are same price but we are opting for buffet so I can offer my gests ALOT of food options)

**Caesar salad
    **Chicken entree ( probably breast of hen)
    **Seafood Entree ( crab cakes. and for $1 more per person I can offer crab cakes and another seafood. probably salmon or shrimp scampi)
    **Meat Entree
    **Vegetarian Entree

**Cold Salad Bar
    tomato mozzerella
    cucumber salad
    beef terriaki
    tex/mex chicken salad

**Either a carving station, pasta station or a stirfry station

**Champagne toast

**Deluxe open bar (4hrs)

I will also be hiring Sweet Sensations LLC to do my cake, dessert favor bar, centerpieces, uplighting and linens.

For only 80-90 guests the cerepony and reception, dinner and drinks is about half of your budget. which is not bad.

Best of Wishes!
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I visited The Hotel at Arundel Preserve. It's nearby Arundel Mills, in between Baltimore and DC. The hotel was surprisingly budget friendly and could accommodate our guest count of 80. 

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Have you looked at properties owned by either Montgomery or PG County? The Blue Heron Center in Annapolis is reasonable too, and a pretty venue. Sewall-Belmont, St. Francis Hall and the Hill Center in DC are all under 5k. Josephine Butler Parks Center is lovely - a friend got married in Meridian Hill Park, and had the reception there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards