Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

In case of rain...

Our ceremony is outisde, and out rain locaiton is at our venue.

Where would you put the back  up info? The woman making the invites suggest we put it right on the invite because people don't look at the direciton page til the last minute.

Right now we have (Incase of rain, please go directly to the Costal house). I really dont like it. What could we put instead? or should we just leave it off?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: In case of rain...

• Options
    I was thinking of "due to rain ceremony will be held at coastal house"... but I still don't love it.
  • Options
    I think putting it on the direction card is your best bet. People will look at it, I promise.
    planning

• Options
    edited January 2010

If you write 'due to rain' as per your second post, it sounds as though you've already made the decision and it will be raining, thus the ceremony will be at x place.

I'd say, 'In the case of rain, please make your way to the coastal house'.

• Options
    "In the event of rain,"
  • Options
    I like that nebb, on the invite?
  • Options
    Does this necessitate guests driving to another location?  I'm confused about outside vs. venue.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sucrets, sorry- yes its about 5 minutes away.
  • Options
    I just posted and I am not sure where it went.

Sucrets- yes the ceremony and reception are about  5 min away.
  • Options
    I think if you put it in smaller print on the bottom of the invite (depending on your desing), or on an insert with directions, it would work well. If there are alternate directions it would make sense for it to be on the direction card as well. You may also want a sign of some kind, if it does rain, to display at the original site incase people dont read it on the directions.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_case-of-rain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3668ef07-4826-4b11-a0f4-aa0259a92bdcPost:6804cc96-2bf1-4329-95fb-162f5bba2f44">Re: In case of rain...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you put it in smaller print on the bottom of the invite (depending on your desing) Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That's what I'd do. I wouldn't put it on the directions card since you can't count on everyone looking at the card -- anyone who knows the area wouldn't need to check directions. And people like my dad -- who lives by his GPS -- probably wouldn't even look at the card.
  • Options
    What about just a separate insert, like business card sized?

I'm uneasy putting it on the invite.  And you can get free business cards at vistaprint.

• Options
    Thanks you all.. I'll ponder some ideas. night!
  • Options
    I am a little uneasy about it too sucrets, thats why I also suggested the insert. I really dont know how alternate location text at the bottom of an invite would look.
  • Options
    Yeah.  I agree about not putting it on the direction card, though.  It might catch more attention on a separate card.

And DEF put a sign at the outdoor site so people don't wonder.

• Options
    I like the sign idea, and also the business card.. since I agree that locals (pretty much all) wont look at directions. thanks!
  • Options
    I'd be scared to do this because everyone's idea of what constitutes rain may be different...   Is an extremely light drizzle considered rain?  Or must it be a downpour?  What if it rains in the morning?  Will you still have the outside ceremony if the sky clears, or will the wet ground make it a no-go?  

These are questions I'd ask myself, and I might end up going to the wrong place.  Some people might actually miss out on the ceremony if it's not extremely clear...

Since it's only a 5-minute drive, I'd just have someone waiting to redirect the cars if the ceremony is moved due to rain.
  • Options
    You certainly need to put a sign up if you do move it. I went to a wedding which H and I missed the ceremony because they moved for rain without putting up a sign, and thinking they'd spread it via word of mouth... too bad that there was no mobile phone reception where they moved to so no one could contact anyone to find out where they'd gone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards